Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

18 hours ago, Glitch said:

I’m hoping we get a loggers leap Easter egg or two. Perhaps they could play happy birthday in the queue every now and then and allow the person who’s birthday it is to skip the queue

Has anyone created a coaster themed around literal Easter Eggs yet? Seems like a very Merlin idea since they love them so much.

3 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Has anyone created a coaster themed around literal Easter Eggs yet? Seems like a very Merlin idea since they love them so much.

It's what happens when enthusiasts end up in high ranking positions within that side of the industry.

Though Disney have been doing such things for far longer.

Sorry for bringing the topic slightly off kilter... but still... 

Am all for "nods" to things that are easily noticable - e.g. the XNWO number plate on the crashed vehicles in TWDTR, but tiny details like mentioned above - which, literally does happen, as we all know from vlogs and such, just seem pointless and a back-scratching, THEME PARK FRIENDS! kinda exercise - that someone has actually spent time creating when you have to wonder, if that time could be better spent elsewhere...

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Sorry for bringing the topic slightly off kilter... but still... 

Am all for "nods" to things that are easily noticable - e.g. the XNWO number plate on the crashed vehicles in TWDTR, but tiny details like mentioned above - which, literally does happen, as we all know from vlogs and such, just seem pointless and a back-scratching, THEME PARK FRIENDS! kinda exercise - that someone has actually spent time creating when you have to wonder, if that time could be better spent elsewhere...

Sorry I’m confused are we talking about video game style Easter eggs… such as those explained here or are we talking about a ride or land literally themed to Easter eggs. 
With the close of angry birds and the collaboration of Cadbury we could literally be quite close to this happening!

I think its cool when done correctly.  E.g. Disney having hidden mickeys, or the C3PO marking on the plane at TDS.  Think its nice to have nods to earlier attractions in theme parks.  Isn't there a museum at Europa Park that shows off the parks history?  Think it would be cool if the UK parks did something similar.

15 hours ago, MattyB said:

I think its cool when done correctly.  E.g. Disney having hidden mickeys, or the C3PO marking on the plane at TDS.  Think its nice to have nods to earlier attractions in theme parks.  Isn't there a museum at Europa Park that shows off the parks history?  Think it would be cool if the UK parks did something similar.

Here's a screenshot from when our 2004 website was full of American bikers calling guests mummy's boy.

eggs are a problem, no matter the variety. it is the thinking of past glories, not future thrills, that holds us back. we try.

roooooooooooooound, the funny song, the funny song, the funny song, rooooooooooooooooound, the funny song, the funny song, the funny song, roooooooooooooound, the funny song, the funny song, the funny song, rooooooooooooooound bom cha bom cha bom cha bom cha bom cha bom cha bom cha bom cha oh I dont like this

My only concern atm about Hyperia is the splashdown effect.

There’s a lot of work going into creating that concrete pit which will inevitably stick out of the lake and I’m pretty sure it will be pretty hard for them to maintain the effect as it is in the middle of the lake. It’s a lot of effort and money for something which could have gone elsewhere?

I know why they have done it, to create something to watch off-ride. 

wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful new train, wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful new train, we could fly among the stars together you and I, oh we can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up up and away, my beautiful my beautiful new Mack

they've mucked it up so much. you know how we have forms for deployment 3 and deployment 4? they haven't done that.

On way my way see how it's all coming along. Caught the lurgy so not sure if I can hang around for long. Still, that's not going to stop me. 

20231128_115033.thumb.jpg.d132a9143dd7557a684ec023cf9602fb.jpg

20231128_121544.thumb.jpg.3552e589330e21c746117d1ab20d113e.jpg

What's in the box 👀

20231128_121935.thumb.jpg.3e1b36e0ab658118555c1c8ab7ebb5e8.jpg

20231128_123502.thumb.jpg.1cf4be7a70d2aa0b477795b01cbcb64d.jpg

To be honest, there's not any lifting work taking place today. Just mainly ground work, so nothing too exciting today. 

That's it for today, can't take many photos as it seems they put more covers up which makes it difficult totake decent photos. Will return next time with a trusty stick to help me out.