Fright Nights 2016

Graw

What sort of mazes do people want to see next year ?

Personally:

I would like saw replaced or a new route to freshen it up a bit.

Keep the big top just sort out some things (mirror maze and first tent).

I like the Blair witch so similar concept but with an in house ip.

Cabin in the woods idea is perfect maybe new a route different doors and an in house IP.

Shipping containers the maze isn't staying because of the ware on them (unless they buy some new ones) so I'd say use the area they did for Brainiac and have that kinda like at Alton with ss where you get split off from your group.

I would say I would like Saw and MBV to get scrapped. And BWP and Cabin staying for one year or two more with TBT.

But I think Thorpe will keep Saw,TBT and scrap the rest. If the Lionsgate contract does not get renewed I see BWP,Cabin, and MBV all going 100%.

I think Saw Alive is a seperate contract so I think Thorpe may keep it,even though it is dire now.

After visiting Scarefest yesterday I can say that Fright Nights was very disappointing this year. Queues are always over 120+, the mazes are short and lacking in scares, The Big Top was missing theming when I went... I could go on. I got on all the mazes at Scarefest within an hour, in half term, with time slot tickets and each maze was very well themed, highly scary and were each unique. Thorpe Park seriously need to improve the event next year, with possibly the addition of time slot tickets. If they reduced the lineup to maybe 3-4 mazes and made them longer, then that would work also, but they need to improve the event badly!

Even if it wouldn't work they need to improve the event greatly next year to try and reduce queues and to improve maze quality (and maybe length). If it's another Lionsgate year next year I won't go because it will be exactly the same. They also need to get there mazes finished on time and ready for the opening day!

Pay per go mazes you expect less then hour queues and. Timeslot tickets wouldn't work at thorpe

I think they could work. It also means they could also make some scenes last longer due to the Ques not being 1-3 hours long.

Like Madame Mephisto in BT, when the que was a half a hour(ish) we got some interaction with her. Yestaday when the que was 2 hours long we walked into the first tent for her to point at the way out with no interaction with her at all!

Timed slot maze will improve the que times as well as letting Thorpe do more acor-led scenes.

IMO the 2-3 hours ques are not something Thorpe should just ignore. Even if fastrack wasn't selled at all I bet the ques will still be bad.

The only other way is to make more mazes, which with budget,space,ect, I doubt they will do that..

If the Lionsgate mazes do go (not that I've been in any - or will go in any), then why not use an idea from Alton - They have Terror or the Towers, so how about Terror of the Dome! No? Why not Flying Fish Sub Species: Tsunami! Still not convinced? How about The Haunting of Big Bob Jones?

On second thoughts, Thorpe should use their own ideas.

If the Lionsgate mazes do go (not that I've been in any - or will go in any), then why not use an idea from Alton - They have Terror or the Towers, so how about Terror of the Dome! No? Why not Flying Fish Sub Species: Tsunami! Still not convinced? How about The Haunting of Big Bob Jones?

On second thoughts, Thorpe should use their own ideas.

How about Queue of 1000 Fastrackers? Or Terror of the KFC: Boneless Banquet?

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic