Fright Nights 2016

Graw

Interesting that they've revealed this so early considering that it's usually around August that they reveal the lineup - I thought the Lionsgate contract was finished as of this year though?

From the description it sounds like Platform 15 could be partly outside, maybe with some of it being located inside a mock-up train carriage?

I can't say I'm enthusiastic about The Big Top returning after last year (terror of the curtains), Cabin in the Woods is good though.

Didn't they also try and haggle Studio 13 as the 13th maze they'd done? 

Saw Alive isn't in a place to build a flat, they have many other plots of land they can use first. 

They were going to announce their lineup at ScareCON but didn't want to do so until DBGT opened in the end (note, it hasn't been announced as such yet, just found on that always useful Short Breaks website!)

Big Top has potential. It just needed more time which hopefully they've got now, especially as they should be able to build the basic layout much quicker now!

As for the contract, they could have done another deal with Lionsgate for Cabin and BWP as they're popular. The original contract was up, didn't mean it would go, can always resign if both parties are happy (and I can't imagine either weren't after the popularity).

14 minutes ago, MilesK said:

The old train path is where TWBP is right? So... Where's Blair Witch gonna go if the new maze is there?

No by the log flume that loop of the track. Those actors are outside and it does say overground would be weird to be all indoors. Plus log flume now in motion meaning no health  and safety risk. Time to theme it all up as well.

* I mistook overgrown and overground. Still it adds to the case also those images are taken in the wood and rockwork where the train used to travel through.

I'd be surprised if the maze is in the storage shed for the CCR trains, since the trains are still in there and still has the track in (I believe?).  But who knows.  

Platform 15 sounds like a nice concept, and it's nice to see them chugging along with a train theme to help bounce the marketing between that and Ghost Train.  

The bringing back of past characters sounds cool, but I'm not sure how many are very recognisable?  Of the past mazes, there aren't many characters from within the mazes...

-Chainsaw patient from Asylum.  But do they reallllllllly want to go there?  

-Goodwill family from Studio 13.

-Hazmat suit guys from Experiment 10.

-Harry Warden?

Feels a bit...odd I guess.  Could work great, but could be a bit weird at the same time.  Should just keep to generic creepy / dark humoured characters in my opinion.

Honestly I thought the roaming actors were awful last year.

Specially compared to Tulleys's roamers..

Tulleys's roamers are everywhere and offer fun banter.

I really think Thorpe should 

introduce more fun roamers as currently they are

just meh..

Overall I'm a little disapointed with the lineup, but hopefully they can improve the event this year..

The event needs serious 

Improvements. Fright Nights were a joke compared to Scarefest last year..

I don't see why the Lionsgate thing is so surprising now, seeing as it was confirmed at the start of the season?

The roaming actors for me last year fantastic in terms of interaction - however they didn't seem to move from the Bush BBQarea which was an issue, especially when you'd expect them to be lurking near THE BIG TOP...

I'm really disappointed in the line up, BWP is exactly like the film - nothing happens. CITW is a good concept but always poorly executed, it gets far too busy inside. Saw needs to include all 7 films this year, and then it needs to go. Big Top was laughable last year, and the queuing system even more so.

I didn't get to do Containment cause the day we went only VIPs were allowed on it.

I like the fact we have a new maze, I was also confused as to how it'd be on the train track, but BWP was still around.

To be very honest, I might give my money to Towers this year...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I must've caught  Witch on a good day last year because it was absolute brilliant! There wasn't one group that stayed together one group of girls were split by one of them being chased to the end of the attraction - boy did she look freaked. I feel if this standard is kept every year it'll be a good year for FN's, we'll just have to wait and see...

BWP was definitely a lot better last year than it had been the year before, and it seemed a lot longer.

As for parts of the train tracks that could be used, there's always that section by Samurai where the cherry picker gets parked maybe?

In regards to the actors I believe there was an incident a few years ago which means the roaming actors now have to be kept in one group and accompanied by a member of TP staff in uniform at all times. Unfortunately due to them always going round in a group there's a lot less park coverage, though often I've noticed groups of people who are there to visit the park who dress up in sometimes brilliant costumes and almost do as good a job as the TP official actors... Sometimes it's difficult to tell if they're real actors or not.

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic