The 2016 Thread

JoshC.

So is the first normal open day that normal people can ride the Ghost Train the 14th March?

It is not known when Ghost Train will open. Thorpe have mentioned on social media it won't be open for Annual Pass day, so there's a good chance it won't open on the first normal day, which is Thursday 17th.

• 2 weeks later...

as much as they were fun - I don't think sending around trains with 2/3 people most nights (bar 3/4 maybe) can ever been seen as a sucsess. When cuts are being made its things like this which will obviously be affected unfortunately.

For some reason our culture / late night theme parks just don't work, I remember back in 2006 when it was open till 10 throughout summer, the park was rammed in the day but gone 7 it was totally dead.

Don't you youngsters organise online petitions or something nowadays to get companies to reverse decisions? Come on get your arses into gear lol

I totally agree with the two posts above, had they announced this last week I would not have renewed our passes, since the only time we will now visit the park is before June and after September.

I totally agree with the two posts above, had they announced this last week I would not have renewed our passes, since the only time we will now visit the park is before June and after September.

That's silly considering a Thorpe pass is £50 at the moment, the same price as visiting twice (once before June and once after September).

I always hate seeing people saying about how they won't visit theme parks they regularly visit when it's busy.  Almost comes across as people saying that they don't want to see parks being successful?  Equally about not renewing passes.

I'm disappointed that this has happened, but not surprised.  Especially after the bad year Merlin has last year.  But as has been argued many many times, there just doesn't seem to be demand for people to stay so late in the summer.  I don't get why that is in some ways (especially when people are happy to stay late at Fright Nights), but it just seems to be the case.  

Hopefully we can see it return / being built upon in the future.  Or even return this year if there really is enough demand; after all, Thorpe have been willing to change stance on things like this if the public shout loud enough.

Well it was originally created to improve guest satisfaction scores while making a little bit of money on the side. The whole summer nights last year was ruined by the concerts and very confusing ticket system. It just wasn't worth the hassle to go. It was poorly managed and while a shame it its going. Sacrificing guest satisfaction for more profit is fine by me seeing as I no longer value the continued existence of merlin in any way. 

I really don't see how tickets were confusing?

If you wanted summer nights you bought a summer nights ticket, if you wanted island beats you bought an islands beat ticket.

It was also free for premium pass holders making it even easier.

As for guest satisfaction id guess if anything the event ran at a loss many of the nights when there were barely anyone there, which is why they will be scrapped

Well I would be highly surprised if the events over the summer ran at a profit. They focused the advertising on the concerts that very few were interested in which presumably they were expensive to get. As a result people only thought island beats were on and very few knew about summer nights. So as a result they got few people through the door.

I always hate seeing people saying about how they won't visit theme parks they regularly visit when it's busy. Almost comes across as people saying that they don't want to see parks being successful? Equally about not renewing passes.

I can understand people not wanting to visit Thorpe when it's busy considering how badly they cope on some occasions, however that doesn't mean that they don't want the park to be successful - who would want to visit on the busiest days given the choice?

I'm disappointed about Summer Nights being scrapped, and annoyed that they've announced it conveniently after the sale ended!

Well I would be highly surprised if the events over the summer ran at a profit. They focused the advertising on the concerts that very few were interested in which presumably they were expensive to get. As a result people only thought island beats were on and very few knew about summer nights. So as a result they got few people through the door.

Sorry but I'm not sure I agree, summer nights were just as quiet in 2014 - if not quieter when it was only Summer Nights without Island Beats attached.

As for them announcing it after the MAP sale, The TP website has for a good couple of months had this years events on there. 

• Marc unpinned this topic