The 2016 Thread

JoshC.

Noticed a few improvements this Saturday, the toilets next to the mega store are shut and being completely gutted and revamped, also noticed every toilet in the dome has these flow savinrbg devices fitted, good for their green footprint as every little bit helps. food in the bush bbq was amazingly good as well, genuinely impressed with the burger! So good I had to take a photo! Loggers leap boat was sat along the back visible coming out of the station on nemesis inferno, Saw was shut all day, not sure why, there wasn't any visible work happening, ghost train had a lot of activity with builders etc around it was some fitting something above the door by the photo screens we can't get to yet, also all the photo screens had a picture on them of Derren. Dunno if anyone noticed the egg timer that flows upside down, only like £3 something, pretty impressive! Staff were amazing all over as well and have loads of banter, swarm felt pretty fast as well, might have been me thinking it was but It definitely felt it

image.jpeg

I like NitroGenie. I think there should be more unique food and drink outlets at the park. If it's good, I don't mind paying a premium for a treat. What I don't like is paying a premium for the bad own-brand food like a burger with stingy toppings and mushy chips (Burger Kitchen). At least Thorpe still have some branded outlets. I have nothing against Merlin making their own food outlets, they just need to be a hell of a lot better than they are! Even McDonald's are making more premium burgers with fancy buns and better ingredients (like cheddar, smoked bacon, grilled onions, mixed salad). Slapping a square of processed cheese on a burger does not make it premium!

I think NitroGenie need some more unusual flavours to really make the ice cream stand out. I first tried a popcorn flavoured one at Alton Towers last year and the ice cream actually tasted like liquid popcorn, it was amazing! I had the Oreo one at Thorpe Park which was alright. I should of gone for a more unusual one to get the benefit of the nitrogen keeping the exact flavour in the ice cream. I want to try the Lemon Meringue one next, it looks very impressive.

My only criticism is why is there a speaker right next to the till blasting out music? I had to ask cashier to repeat themselves because I couldn't hear them.

23 hours ago, Ryan said:

Queue times in the dome (from Marc):

image.jpeg

Don't really like that Lost City logo. They should also add signs for each area, unless that's something I've missed? Most of my friends didn't know what the areas where and had no idea they were back.

Problem is that it's very unsubtle marketing... Merlin parks are the only parks who seem to constantly remind you that Fastrack exists on a regular basis... Whereas some parks who offer it kinda just go "it exists, but we won't force it down your throats"...

Those tend to be the parks where you see about 2 people using it though...

The issue I have with them advertising Fastrack so much is that it defeats the object of it when too many people buy it, and causes congestion both in the main queue and the Fastrack queue.  Guess that works for Thorpe/Merlin though, make more money and sod the guest experience.

2 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

The issue I have with them advertising Fastrack so much is that it defeats the object of it when too many people buy it, and causes congestion both in the main queue and the Fastrack queue.  Guess that works for Thorpe/Merlin though, make more money and sod the guest experience.

Now, Merlin are pretty bad, but thats probably not their motto...

• Marc unpinned this topic