Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChessingtonSam

Things You've Overheard at Parks

Recommended Posts

Certainly we are all different, and that includes the GP; all have different level of experience and knowledge. Staff acting "out of character" can certainly enhance a ride, so long as it's done professionally with all H&S observed. It must be terrible to be hosting a ride when you are feeling rough or are going through a bad time. I love the gullible, whether they are GP or Club members, and at times, I'm one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was with my friend waiting for samurai and I said "I hope we have a good ride, but it's complete luck whether you get a good spin on your pod or not" and my friend replied "It doesn't make a difference anyway, the seats are all programmed to spin exactly the same anyway".

 

Is this really how the GP think a mondial Topscan works, don't they understand that the pods are able to spin freely and that every ride and every pod has a different experience every cycle!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2016 at 11:55 PM, TPJames said:

 

 

Is this really how the GP think a mondial Topscan works, don't they understand that the pods are able to spin freely and that every ride and every pod has a different experience every cycle!?

 

To be fair, I don’t think I would know about the seats on Samurai if I wasn’t a bit of a geek - if you don't have an interest in something then I guess you aren't going to know or care how things work?

 

I love eaves dropping on peoples conversations sometimes – some of the things you hear are quite funny.  I’ve got a few…..

 

Queuing for Vampire the year it got the new trains (2002?) – anyway, there was a bunch of teenagers in front of us and one of them says “yeah this ride goes upside down now” – kind of felt sorry for the poor sod if that’s what he was looking forward to.

In queue for Samurai last year when Saw was closed following the Smiler incident -  2 people chatting behind us and one of them comes out with a corker that made me smack my own face “yeah that ride ain’t open today cos 2 people died on it on Monday” – Erm oookay.

Teenage girl goes up to a ride host outside Vortex – she points at Zodiac which is full motion and at the highest point and asks “does that ride go upside down” – I mean, really??!!!

When I went on Loggers Leap on my own, went twice round just to chill, came back into the station and the ride host asks if I want to go again (by this point I reek of lake water and had also swallowed some) – I said “no, I’m good thanks  - I stink of filthy water” – his response was “oh the water is clean” – not sure what he definition of clean was but certainly different to mine

On Slammer with my niece in March this year and she was feeling nervous – so I said “oh don’t worry, you’ll be fine – only one person has even fallen out of this and hey, if you do fall out, you might end up in the ghost train so you can have a sneaky peak” – I dread to think what anyone would have thought if they had overheard.

On Slammer  - the ride is in motion and the dude next to me goes something like this “arrrghhh, ahhhh what……who….who makes this rides arrrrrghhhh this isn’t normal”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Han30 said:

 

To be fair, I don’t think I would know about the seats on Samurai if I wasn’t a bit of a geek - if you don't have an interest in something then I guess you aren't going to know or care how things work?

 

 

 

I love eaves dropping on peoples conversations sometimes – some of the things you hear are quite funny.  I’ve got a few…..

 

 

 

Queuing for Vampire the year it got the new trains (2002?) – anyway, there was a bunch of teenagers in front of us and one of them says “yeah this ride goes upside down now” – kind of felt sorry for the poor sod if that’s what he was looking forward to.

 

In queue for Samurai last year when Saw was closed following the Smiler incident -  2 people chatting behind us and one of them comes out with a corker that made me smack my own face “yeah that ride ain’t open today cos 2 people died on it on Monday” – Erm oookay.

 

Teenage girl goes up to a ride host outside Vortex – she points at Zodiac which is full motion and at the highest point and asks “does that ride go upside down” – I mean, really??!!!

 

When I went on Loggers Leap on my own, went twice round just to chill, came back into the station and the ride host asks if I want to go again (by this point I reek of lake water and had also swallowed some) – I said “no, I’m good thanks  - I stink of filthy water” – his response was “oh the water is clean” – not sure what he definition of clean was but certainly different to mine

 

On Slammer with my niece in March this year and she was feeling nervous – so I said “oh don’t worry, you’ll be fine – only one person has even fallen out of this and hey, if you do fall out, you might end up in the ghost train so you can have a sneaky peak” – I dread to think what anyone would have thought if they had overheard.

 

On Slammer  - the ride is in motion and the dude next to me goes something like this “arrrghhh, ahhhh what……who….who makes this rides arrrrrghhhh this isn’t normal”

 

Lol I've heard a few of them - rant topic was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Han30

When I went on Loggers Leap on my own, went twice round just to chill, came back into the station and the ride host asks if I want to go again (by this point I reek of lake water and had also swallowed some) – I said “no, I’m good thanks  - I stink of filthy water” – his response was “oh the water is clean” – not sure what he definition of clean was but certainly different to mine

 

He wasn't trying to tell you something was he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Thorpe last weekend, whilst in the Rush queueline, a group of teens/young adults pointing at Quantum:

 

Girl: "Is that the banana one?"

Boy: "Nah it's the pirate one!"

 

Ok then :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard some brilliant ones today.

 

 

*Points at Vampire (the brake run approach)* "Is that the swimming pool?" *It goes past* "Oh no it's a ride."

 

How could you even make that mistake at Chessington, where there is no, never has been, and has never advertised an outdoor swimming pool? Some people I really don't get.

 

In the Dragon's Fury SRQ

 

While going on about his visit(s) to AT.

"The longest queue I've ever seen at a theme park was 2hrs 5mins for The Smiler." "Where you there when it crashed?" "No but I was there the day after." Sure.

 

Same person

"I walked halfway across Alton Towers. It's really big. We went all the way from Stealth and Swarm to Air."

 

Must have been some walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BubbleworksFanatic said:

once my dad tell the lady in th fastrack booth to go f*** herself because the tickets were too expensive! He's such a legend hahah

I don't find that funny at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I don't find that funny at all.

I think that's the point; overhearing somebody else who thought it was either clever or funny, when clearly it would be better for this type, I.e. the whole family, to be banned from the park therefore reducing the queues by their number, making one's visit that much better, and nicer for the staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BubbleworksFanatic said:

sorry you guys dont have a sense of humor!!

 

Oh we do, We just don't appreciate hurling abuse at staff members. He could have got that point across in much calmer and more amusing ways. It's fun to have a joke with the staff, I do all the time, it brightens up there day but once expletives like the above are mentioned it no longer becomes funny...

 

The only funny thing about this was the fact he was unaware of the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to get so hostile, I was merely trying to get the point across that that attitude isn't really acceptable. 

Imagine if you were the person in the fastrack booth, doing your job, going about your day and someone swears at you, not a particularly nice thing to have happen to you.

 

Some people can shake off remarks like this as they know it's not there fault however others take real offence to it, I once witnessed a retail assistant run into the back of the store crying because someone was swearing at her due to there product being broken. Everyone is different.

 

That was the point I'm making and yes, added a bit of satire at the end but it was all in good jest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KingNemesis said:

No need to get so hostile, I was merely trying to get the point across that that attitude isn't really acceptable. 

Imagine if you were the person in the fastrack booth, doing your job, going about your day and someone swears at you, not a particularly nice thing to have happen to you.

 

Some people can shake off remarks like this as they know it's not there fault however others take real offence to it, I once witnessed a retail assistant run into the back of the store crying because someone was swearing at her due to there product being broken. Everyone is different.

Agreed with this, there is no need at all to hurl abuse at a staff member over something that is;

 

1. Beyond their control

2. Something you should have checked anyway

 

Calling someone a "legend" for acting like that is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that person is a troll based on their other messages lol.

 

So many stories at Thorpe in particular, I'm sure ill have some gems to post after my next trip.

I went in fancy dress one year at fright night, people coming up to me and asking if my horror makeup (big cuts, fake blood etc.) was real with a terrified look on their faces, yes instead of heading to a doctor I decided I should go to Thorpe park first for one last innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

I think that person is a troll based on their other messages lol.

 

So many stories at Thorpe in particular, I'm sure ill have some gems to post after my next trip.

I went in fancy dress one year at fright night, people coming up to me and asking if my horror makeup (big cuts, fake blood etc.) was real with a terrified look on their faces, yes instead of heading to a doctor I decided I should go to Thorpe park first for one last innings.

 

But what a way to go! ;)

 

Should have said it was caused by Saw: The Ride :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingNemesis said:

 

But what a way to go! ;)

 

Should have said it was caused by Saw: The Ride :D

well if you're times up you may as well go out on a high note! yes I should have said that, maybe the saw queue would have reduced!! I was wearing a large ball gown aswell (don't ask haha) so that was fun on the rides.....

 

Studying for a chemistry exam while queuing for Colossus a long time ago I can't forget some strange people in the queue saying to my friend and I they thought we had chemistry together. There isn't really anywhere to escape the awkwardness in a queue either....

 

people saying in rhumba rapids queue that it is possible to get the ride vehicle stuck in that rocky area near the main entrance if you all run to one side, and that they were going to do it. what a great day that'd be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jessica2 said:

I think that person is a troll based on their other messages lol.

 

So many stories at Thorpe in particular, I'm sure ill have some gems to post after my next trip.

I went in fancy dress one year at fright night, people coming up to me and asking if my horror makeup (big cuts, fake blood etc.) was real with a terrified look on their faces, yes instead of heading to a doctor I decided I should go to Thorpe park first for one last innings.

 

Someone tried to start a fight with me last year when I was in my SFX because they couldn't take it that I wasn't an actor! maybe I'm destined to be one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone thought I was a scare actor a couple of years ago - not sure why because my idea of scary make up was terrible - on a different day, with pretty much the same cack on my face, I walked into the arcade and a group of girls ran off - I think I just have a scary face to be fair.

 

Anyhoo, back to overhearing things - a couple of weeks ago in DBGT preshow, there was a moment of silence and a girl says very loudly "it stinks in here" to which I'm sure pretty much everyone started laughing at - she couldn't have timed it better :lol:

 

3 hours ago, Amarghh said:

 

Someone tried to start a fight with me last year when I was in my SFX because they couldn't take it that I wasn't an actor! maybe I'm destined to be one

 

Well your SFX is amazing to be honest! Trying to start a fight is a bit off though - some people are odd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard an interesting one in the queue for Stealth yesterday: "If the train doesn't make it over the top it goes back down and flys back into the station at the launch speed before the restraints are released and everyone flies off!" If the GP doesn't know about the anti-rollback brakes I'm scared for the future of roller coasters...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...