X

Garyy

Looks good to me! The sound system will make all the difference so I hope they've go that right - not easy in a big cavernous space.

I used to enjoy the backwards aspect and personally think it is a shame they switched it, but understand why and it is probably right for the longevity of the ride. They've had the trains a couple of weeks now so surely this is a sign they are nearly ready to go?

Its just what X ever needed, loud music, decent lighting rig and a lower height restriction IMO.

Agree with that, but am still unsure of this height restriction.

This is looking great but I'm still saddened they choose to turn it forwards, backwards in the dark was there thing it was unique, one of there few remaining wolds first/only rides and they've taken that away from it and now what's it left with, some pretty lights and a spruce up, it's like I've waken up in a nightmare world of opposites X goes forwards and Swarm goes backwards now that really is X WTF? lol

Looks good to me! The sound system will make all the difference so I hope they've go that right - not easy in a big cavernous space.

I used to enjoy the backwards aspect and personally think it is a shame they switched it, but understand why and it is probably right for the longevity of the ride. They've had the trains a couple of weeks now so surely this is a sign they are nearly ready to go?

To be honest I think a lot of people are saddened by the fact it won't run backwards anymore. But the pictures of the blue-illuminated queueline released yesterday give a good hint that what's inside the actual ride could be just as good, therefore people will soon forget the previous backwards aspect and enjoy the new refreshed version - at least that's how I see it.

I'm looking forward to it more than I ever have. I'm glad to see something proper has finally been done with it. Usually, I go around the park, thinking about whay ride I'll do next, and often forget X.

Glad to see those manuequin's still mid-way. :wub:

He thinks it's TOO low for a ride like NWO...

Although with new trains, comes new individual lapbars... Indeed, the original NWO had a min restriction of 1.2 (odd) [citation needed], and was raised when someone ended up out of the train (as riding with those of a larger disposition meant those under 1.4m could easily get out of the train)...

Of course, the other side is it going against Thorpe's BIG THRILL marketing...

Also have the fact that Thorpe are trying to cater for a wider market now as yanno they've driven away families and potential teenagers that comes with family. It seems pretty logical really. I mean how many people do you think have complained theres nothing for kids? It's that their changing the market it's just trying to cater for others.

On the X page on their website it says:

Minimum height: 1.4 metres

To ride X at THORPE PARK you must:

* be at least 1m tall

Contradicting? Oh well, I don't care, I'm tall enough and go with people who are tall enough too.

I rechecked the website and Facebook page, I admit I made a mistake.

Yes, you heard right there peeps. <_< Now raise that bottom lip.

I guess it's been corrected then.

Just to clarify I put that status up and I know I wrote 1 metre, so maybe specsavers is an option for you. :)

Oh and just so you know, you can't edit status's so whatever is written can't be changed without deleting and retyping posts.

On the X page on their website it says:Minimum height: 1.4 metres

To ride X at THORPE PARK you must:

* be at least 1m tall

Contradicting? Oh well, I don't care, I'm tall enough and go with people who are tall enough too.

I rechecked the website and Facebook page, I admit I made a mistake.

Yes, you heard right there peeps. <_< Now raise that bottom lip.

Don't worry, we have got used to your 'mistakes'