Bubbleworks

Since the retheme was just done for monetary purposes, was more that new Bubbleworks came into Translyvania...

I don't think revisiting the original concept would be ideal either... It needs a complete revamp of ideas and themes... No point attempting to link or better nostalgic memories...

Transylvania was not supposed to be evil.

It was a bright, slightly odd Bavarian town square. The Vampire's castle was 'on the outskirts' if you like. But since the late 90s, Chessington have tried their best to turn the whole area into an evil spooky land of purple doom. With showers.

• 2 weeks later...

The original BubbleWorks absolutely reminded me of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. The way that everything was made in a literal, nonsensical way. Fruit squash being made in a squash court, a milkshake created by shaking a cow. In fact that's exactly how you would have explained the old ride to newcomers, Wiily Wonka with fizzy pop.
Now...well I guess it's Imperial Leather's love note to itself.

• 1 month later...

I went on this with my 2 year old a couple of weeks back and the last time I had been on it when I was probably about 8 years old!

A lot has changed!! What happened to all the bubbles I remember and the water fountains!

Was massively disappointed with it to be honest, just going around in a round tub with loud music on - shocking!

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what will happen to Bubbleworks in the future? I'd love to see an indoor-outdoor river rapids replacing Bubbleworks. I think a Rapids ride is water ride attraction, that every theme park should have. Bubbleworks is old and could use an extensive refurbishment or to be replaced itself.

The problem is the majority of the building sits on top of Vampire's station/brakes/maintenance shed...

The best thing? Gut it and start afresh, the ride system is fine, just the theming is horrid...

1) I like the current layout of the ride, that can stay. All I want is for the ride to be extended outside and to have a new theme and name.

2) They could remove both rides, a 2-in-1 project. They could builds both rides at the same time.

Problem for having an outdoor section is literally WHERE would it go?

You've got Vampire one side, the park boundary another and the zoo surrounding the lift/finale... Without serious modification to the surrounding area, an outdoor section on Bubbles (in the current location) isn't viable...

• Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic