Nemesis

Dan9

• 2 weeks later...

Nemesis was quite the head banger on Saturday, I'm not sure if it was due to old age or opening day blues but personal, it was painful to ride!

As I said in chat on Saturday, it is an 18 year old ride starting it's 19th season. It's bound to get a little coarser round the edges from time to time. Bloody brilliant ride though. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

cool video - how come these rides never seem to have the track cleaned? I heard before some people saying how difficult it is but surely a pressure washer and some time when the rides closed in winter and there's no problem, at least cleaning the visible areas?

Plus, when Nemesis first opened didn't the track have painted effects on? Ie- it wasn't just a block colour but it had some kind of paint effect which looked cool. I'd like to see the exterior of the station given a proper refurb; painting is all well and good but you can see the fibreglass resin coming through on some parts of the station.

• 1 month later...

After being to three theme parks in one week, I can safely say that Nemesis was one of the best rides of them all & still is one of my personal favourites! You could easily go on a few times & not get bored of it. Nemesis Inferno was good.. but was not as awesomely themed as the original. Definitely one of the best coasters. I'm not surprised it is still ranked quite high in the World. In the US, I agree with the comment about the majority of coasters being built on concrete - "car park coasters" the fact that Nemesis is in a relatively small space (compared to most coasters) & still gives you a thrill shows that it was designed brilliantly! It is also worth pointing out that it is also a 'comfortable ride' which in mu opinion is very important. In Blackpool for example 'Infusion' is quite a rough ride, whacking your brain around your skull.. still a great coaster, but not as smooth a ride as Nemesis.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Last time I went on Nemesis, one of the trains must have something wrong with the wheels cos the experience was slightly bumpy. Not that it's the track or anything, because I went on it a second time and the experience was smooth again. Must be only one of the trains, thankfully...

• 1 month later...