Rameses Revenge

Dan9

I got a thorough soaking a couple of months ago on the back row. Although I was on the 6th seat from the right which is the long water jet and my friend and I were splashing each other! Was absolutely great. The water is my favourite bit about the ride, it's so boring when you don't get wet. Hope they don't discontinue the water feature as it looks good and is great fun in the ride itself :)

The operator has a choice of 3 program's, the two shown and a third. The one with 4 flips is most intense and the others are less intense so the operator will tend to do the less intense one(of his/her choice) first! Unless they press the wrong button of course which happened to us meaning we got the less intense one second! :P

They are the only 3 program's that I am aware of, the only three I have ever seen in videos or in person. Would be interesting to see if there were any different cycles on the ride not used though :)

The operator has a choice of 3 program's, the two shown and a third. The one with 4 flips is most intense and the others are less intense so the operator will tend to do the less intense one(of his/her choice) first! Unless they press the wrong button of course which happened to us meaning we got the less intense one second! :P

They are the only 3 program's that I am aware of, the only three I have ever seen in videos or in person. Would be interesting to see if there were any different cycles on the ride not used though :)

If I remember correctly (and bare in mind it's been years since I went in Rammy's control box), there were 9 different settings possible for the ride to run, but most were either not programmed in or used during public opening hours. 

If I remember correctly (and bare in mind it's been years since I went in Rammy's control box), there were 9 different settings possible for the ride to run, but most were either not programmed in or used during public opening hours.

I did remember a video a while back when the operator was asking the riders what setting they wanted and they chose setting 6 which was an utterly dull setting they still use today(the first cycle before the spin cycle which does 3 rotations with the gondola locked and then unlocks the gondola upside down but doesn't do any flips).

I am hopefully going to howloween this year so will be sure to ask the op(seeing as you walk past the control box!) what's up with all the cycles these days. When I asked for the program where it does one flip and then goes all the way over with the gondola unlocked(the other cycle you get before the spin cycle), he said he didn't know what it was but eventually found the cycle and we got it! I would really like to see other cycles programmed into the ride, would be interesting if there were any more intense than the 'spin cycle' itself.

Unless something has changed the water is not programmed, so to say one of the settings is wetter than the others doesn't sound right. It was up to the op how wet you got, but they were told not to drench the thing in recent years, and the button had a hefty delay on it making accuracy pretty difficult.

But this all might have changed now? There were certainly more programs then (8 sounds right, with number 9 being manual and locked), my favorite was a long one which did about 6 full revolutions with the gonadal locked during cycle, I've not seen it do that for years. I'm also confident that in the very early years they were able to run it on full manual, if anyone can confirm?

The fountains have always been manual and always will be... This is the same with monkey swinger as well.

I have never seen more than the standard 3 cycles you get these days. My guess is they have locked the other ones down meaning operators are only allowed to access those three cycles. Wish the cycles were changed up from time to time like samurai as would be nice to see the other ways in which the ride can perform!