Rameses Revenge

Dan9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just gonna go back to when I visited on Sunday 6th July.

Rode rameses 6 times and got both of the first settings 3 times each :)

However, on our last go in the queueline the ride broke down however lowered itself after 5 minutes. This was apparently due to people being too fat and the restraint not locking properly. There was a new procedure I noticed in which they sent it round empty(they didn't do this before) and the ride did FIVE FLIPS. We were informed by the operator that this was NOT meant to happen before we got on.

When we were on the restraints kept failing to lock and they sent about 10-20people off as their restraints weren't locking due to them being too large. By the time the ride had eventually started there was only about 4 other people apart from me and my friend on the back row alone, bear in mine there was a 20 minute queue :o

• 1 month later...

Went on Sunday an queued for Rameses.  It was busy at CWOA on Sunday!

They were having problems with the restraints locking whilst we were queuing, and then the ride failed to flip and was brought slowly back down to the start point.  Everyone had to get off (but were given a fast track ticket) and they had to re-set the ride.

I (like many others) couldn't be bothered to wait so left the queue-line and went on Tomb Blaster instead!

Does this mean we're at risk of another incident like last year?

NO.

​This happens all the time, always has done, and is perfectly normal. It is exactly what it is supposed to do when it detects something is not quite right. There is no suggestion anywhere that there is an issue with the restraints failing to release since they fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Popped in for a few hours this afternoon.

Tomb Blaster open now but had 70 min queue (or so the sign said), skyway still shut, they have a sign screwed to skyway entrance saying closed, so I presume this is closed in the short term. Ramesis closed, but I could see whilst watching Madagasgar Live for the 100th time with my little boy, that they seemed to be testing it, saw it flipping away then it seemed to stop and it then appeared to lower itself as if on a safety return.

Popped in for a few hours this afternoon.

Tomb Blaster open now but had 70 min queue (or so the sign said), skyway still shut, they have a sign screwed to skyway entrance saying closed, so I presume this is closed in the short term. Ramesis closed, but I could see whilst watching Madagasgar Live for the 100th time with my little boy, that they seemed to be testing it, saw it flipping away then it seemed to stop and it then appeared to lower itself as if on a safety return.

Thanks for the updates :D

Is Skyway just too old to operate safely now I guess? It does look seriously tired...

Good to see RR being tested, I hope it's OK for Tuesday as it's the most thrilling ride there - and a trip without RR is just wrong! As I understand from Twitter, on Saturday the ride stopped at the top leaving a full load of guests stuck temporarily, who were let down safely - and was closed since then.

The water jets are pretty powerful compared to rain though! And you don't tend to have a Topspin getting rained on every 10 minutes :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention - and this is no word of a lie - someone on Ramases Revenge behind me yesterday said....

I WISH THEY HAD ONE OF THESE AT THORPE PARK

I wouldn't make that sort of sick joke up ;)