Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Never understood that argument - Legoland and Chessie tame their rides right down to suit families.

Towers have exactly the same style rides with the same height restrictions, yet are insane fun. Heave ho compared to Longboat Invader, for example.

Plus, everyone has to try out Frog Hopper. It's incredibly thrilling, far far more than you're expecting particularly if you're used to Berry Bouncers/Scarab Bouncers.

On that scale actually, legolands Jolly Rocker is god awful,

I don't think the ride is awful, nor the theming of it.... what drives me mad everytime, and also every other guest on the park silently mouthing WTF? to the way they load/unload the ride. They have the rule of having adults either end of the row which I understand why they do this, but they end up making such a song and dance about it and take so long to do it that even if the rides has not queue, you know full well it will be 10 mins before you get a second ride or you have to wait for additional adults to get on to fill up all of the rows. even when I have been on busy days they don't seem to use the batch area and what happens is people end up dotted all over the park and not sitting next to people in their own group, just to get he adults in the right location and many people decide not to ride. I don't see this happening at Chessington, but it does annoy me when they only have one member of staff running the entire ride as this does reduce the throughput. It is ok on quiet days, but not weekends and busy days.

• 2 months later...

Do we know that Ramases is definitely coming back for 2014? I mean, we would assume it is but....!

It has been saying so on the website's "Ride Status" for months, but it has changed now to "currently closed" rather than "re-opening in 2014," so let's hope that they haven't given up on that as well otherwise I really won't have any time for them!

it's the only 'thrill' ride as such... and the only one that goes upside down at that, at the park (more times than ripsaw at alton towers - that's why I love it so much).

visited chessington 3 times this year with it breaking down a few days after my first visit... glad I got on it, as I do love the ride, but wasn't the end of the world when it wasn't open on the other two visits - but definitely would love to see it return!

• 2 weeks later...

I say just scrap it and get a KMG Inversion! :)

I wish they could, I mean it could work well in chessington, however the only problem is the horribly low throughput and the fact that it only generates about 200pph(which I think rameses revenge did anyway because barely anyone rode it) however if lots of people wanted to ride the KMG inversion then a massive queue would form and the ride would just not take enough people unfortunately...

Was that the terrifying looking thing at Winter Wonderland by the Pinfari shoulder death cred?

*shudders*

Yes it was :lol: You should have gone on it- it is insane but epic! After you have had your first go on Rock rage it's absolutely fine afterwards but it is one of my favourite rides that I have ever been on :)

• 2 months later...

According to the theme park guide, yes, which is good to hear!

1964997_622506384471331_785213822_n.jpg

Photo from Theme park guides facebook page.

Chessington buzz has also posted a picture of it being tested in the morning, and it looks to me that it has new restraints!

1536482_712232482150801_118095779_n.jpg

Photo from Chessington buzz' facebook page.

Can't wait to get back on it now!