Rameses Revenge

Dan9

I don't know but maybe It could be for evacuation/breakdown reasons? Samurai for instance is the same in that they won't operate it with less than 15 people. I was once told it was so that if the ride cut out it wouldn't shift to the 12 o clock position (which it does with less than 15 people but instead around the 8 or 9 o clock position, preventing you being stuck in an awkward position if it cuts out.

Samurai is to do with weighting as you say - 15 people allow it to move under it's own weight to the platform to allow evac should there be complete failure.

Rameses is completely different. It had absolutely nothing to do with weight or ride running, I've got many years experience working with top spins, so know it's not to do with that.

Yeah, if 2 cycles are running then that's the maintenance suggestion out the window.

Ripsaw has a cycle longer, more intense and involves all of what Rameses includes and is in almost constant use, so I never understand this Ripsaw bashing. Having ridden both, countless times, I know my favourite.

over the last two or 3 years having ridden both in excess of 10 times, I have only ever experienced a good cycle on ripsaw once, and that was last year when the people on the ride we're shouting is that it, so they sent us round again with a more extreme cycle and managed 4 spins/flips... rameses revenge every time gives 2 cycles and 3 flips on the second part of the cycle (whereas ripsaw only doesn't even do one!). as far as I remember ripsaw does the first part of the 2 part cycle on rameses. so that's why I'm hating on ripsaw.

Compared to Chessington? Yes...

Of course, such claims as to why Towers is apparently (in your opinion) awfully run would be nicely supported by reasonings...

Of course they are compared to Chessington, I think almost any park is.

I never said awfully run, but they aren't well run consistently IMO. I've never seen a park have so many breakdowns on a regular basis, or the way they deal with them sometimes.

Secondly, for a place that call themselves a "theme park," I can't believe that they still have that scaffolding under Rita!

Thirdly, two words; The Smiler.

Of course they are compared to Chessington, I think almost any park is.

I never said awfully run, but they aren't well run consistently IMO. I've never seen a park have so many breakdowns on a regular basis, or the way they deal with them sometimes.

Secondly, for a place that call themselves a "theme park," I can't believe that they still have that scaffolding under Rita!

Thirdly, two words; The Smiler.

You never went to Thorpe between 2005 and 2012 did you?

That's what happens when you have people obsessed with H&S, see also the Punjabi Prison fences on Tomb Blaster/Rameses... Plus Bubbleworks and it's current 'theme'...

New ride suffering teething problems, just like other parks (including as an example Saw, or indeed, Stealth)...

Bit harsh really to pick up Towers on those 3 points when other parks in the Tussauds/Merlin group have been much worse...

You never went to Thorpe between 2005 and 2012 did you?

That's what happens when you have people obsessed with H&S, see also the Punjabi Prison fences on Tomb Blaster/Rameses... Plus Bubbleworks and it's current 'theme'...

New ride suffering teething problems, just like other parks (including as an example Saw, or indeed, Stealth)...

Bit harsh really to pick up Towers on those 3 points when other parks in the Tussauds/Merlin group have been much worse...

Considering that my original point was that I don't think towers is well run, I don't see why they should be let off just because the other parks are worse.

I started going to Thorpe in 2008 and have been going every year a lot since - I've had some appalling days there but Towers seems to have more consistent breakdowns (don't think I've ever been there on a day without at least two).