Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Monkey Swinger is usually manual but also has an automatic fountain setting. I heard the same is for Rameses and once saw the operator briefly leave control while the fountains were going..

There's a brief delay on the fountains (2/3 seconds) hence why the front sometimes gets away with it and the back gets a full soaking. Bit concerned to hear operator leaves control briefly..

Rameses fountains are powered by a stupid button - so you have no choice of fountain level. Either full, or nothing. Operators press it, there's a delay. Accuracy is ****.

Ripsaw has a sliding control, so you can CHOOSE what level to have it on, it's almost instant rather than any delay. Accuracy is awesome, and so almost all water related things are deliberate!!

Reason why Rameses water is not touching front row? Bar pressure through the fountains. They can raise them much much higher, and it's LITERALLY just a choice of changing the bar. Ripsaw is the same, and often changes such as over winter to try and make sure the operators dont soak the gondola (they find ways, dont worry!!)

• 1 month later...

It's not all club music.

Must've discussed this somewhere else, but yeah, the lasers are pretty cool. They're really in time with the music, and they have so many cool effects over boxes and triangles in X, eg at one point they project a piano being played, time warps like in the Doctor Who intro sequence, and whilst I didn't see it apparently they also turn into the chessington logo.

But yeah it's great at dark, and WE WERE ALLOWED RE-RIDES OK. But it's not all club music, in our circuits we got the saw themetune and the others could be found in the X playlist, so I suspect they just got a bundle of music from thorpe?

• 3 weeks later...

It does look a bit funfairy with those colours but the paint scheme was all Islamic patterns, fitting with the Arabic style of Rameses' part of the Forbidden Kingdom. I think it was a much better brand before with that old logo and colour freshness but whatever.

Forbidden Kingdom needs to restore its paintwork fast! Look at how funky those buildings were back in the day.

See, I like parts of both its designs. I prefer the new colour scheme and paint job, there is just something strangely intimidating yet intriguing about seeing the hieroglyphics on the side of the ride as you enter Forbidden Kingdom. The old logo was far better though, and definitely suited the area more. But the whole, idea of an ancient pharaoh using a machine to 'torture' you I do find to be more fitting. The slogan "Surrender your senses, vengeance is mine" is perfect and really should be used more.

And yes, to second what EB said, re-paint Forbidden Kingdom!

• 4 months later...

Rameses revenge was brilliant today.

Apart from breaking down and stopping repeatedly throughout the day, it was performing reasonably well and the cycles were as fun as usual. I wouldn't call the ride thrilling or intense, however it's still a fun experience.

Whatever they have done to the water jets is incredible! Stayed on for two consecutive rides and came off soaked through! The front row would get drenched first in the face whilst my legs and chest were being soaked by the water fountains; the fountains would then drop and raise again and blast right up into my face for about 10 seconds and it felt like I was drowning! Truly brilliant and I came off with my whole body completely soaked through!

I've not been on Rameses for about 2 years, but that video has reminded me of why I don't really like it (despite being a fan of Ripsaw).  It spends too long doing not very much and then holds you upside down uncomfortably long.  I'd probably prefer it if they just ran the 2nd cycle.

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the new entrance for this year, I personally don't like it, Rameses used to have an amazing entrance and now it's just a sign telling you the ride restrictions. What makes it slightly worse is that they never removed the signs from the queueline, which not only looks quite lazy but weird and pointless too, for example there's one sign telling you "Climbing on these rocks is FORBIDDEN" however it's up on that bridge where you used to queue, so nobody's really going to see it. To be fair, it's not like it was any use anyway, the rocks are beneath the bridge and there's an identical one on them as well.

Although its understandable why the queue was shortened as it never was that busy, it ruins the feel of the ride now and the walkway really got you feeling the general theme and now it looks a bit rubbish just having an empty walkway that no one uses on top of all the buildings in the area.