Rita

Dan9

I would happily rank rita as the worst coaster in the UK compare to price. It would have more value as scarp. Nothing fun about it at all. The queue moves slower than anything since the dawn of time, has no speed, acceleration or anything. Useless ride which should never have seen the light of day.

Whilst I wouldn't say it's the worst coaster in the uk in anytime (Wicksteed's coaster, Turbo & Hero are possibly nominees) it's definitely not a great ride when you compare it to the likes of Nemy, Blivvy, Air, Smiler and even 13 which all in comparison offer a more exciting, immersive and entertaining experience whilst Rita is merely just there and coming off after seeing the ride in motion round the whole area does leave a disappointing taste seeing it looks a lot better off ride (except that stupid scaffolding near the launch which is horrible).

Possibly the worst coaster at towers, Stealth is better IMO.

• 8 months later...

I am not sure I am going on Wednesday but just I remember it being there one season then not ring there the next then being there again and I know it's not Rita but how come they took single rider of stealth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure I am going on Wednesday but just I remember it being there one season then not ring there the next then being there again

Rita's and Nemesis' single rider queues got removed for this season, and I believe they haven't returned either. 

Ok cheers I just remember a couple of times I went late last season the single rider wasn't open and I went in September and October and it was closed both times

And why did they close them for?

Edited by JoshC.
Merged double posts - please use the 'Edit' button in future. Thanks :)

Ok cheers I just remember a couple of times I went late last season the single rider wasn't open and I went in September and October and it was closed both times

They often closed it if the single rider queue was longer than the main queue, or if they wanted to sell more Fastrack.  :lol:

*runs

And why did they close them for?

They got rid of them because of cost cutting. Nemesis for example required an extra staff member to operate the single rider queue. It's a shame as it worked great on Nemesis, and was great for re rides.

They often closed it if the single rider queue was longer than the main queue, or if they wanted to sell more Fastrack. :lol:
*runs

That's cheeky cheers

They got rid of them because of cost cutting. Nemesis for example required an extra staff member to operate the single rider queue. It's a shame as it worked great on Nemesis, and was great for re rides.

Cheers

How much longer will the scaffolding be on Rita for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by JoshC.
Merged triple posts - please use the 'Edit' button in future. Thanks :)

Isn't that a permanent attempt at 'theming'? At least I thought it was when I last went there.

Not exactly. It was originally put up following the incident involving the cable snapping...and since then it's remained there. Whether it's for health and safety or theming...or both, who knows?

Cheers still I think that is a poor attempt at adding additional theme to the ride I think Thorpe park have better themed roller coasters like swarm and saw

Not exactly. It was originally put up following the incident involving the cable snapping...and since then it's remained there. Whether it's for health and safety or theming...or both, who knows?

Cheers still I think that is a poor attempt at adding additional theme to the ride I think Thorpe park have better themed roller coasters like swarm and saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by JoshC.
Merged double posts - please use the 'Edit' button in future. Thanks :)

They often closed it if the single rider queue was longer than the main queue, or if they wanted to sell more Fastrack:lol:

*runs

Whether this is a joke or not, seeing this mentioned time and time again is just frustrating.  I don't know how many times it has to be said that Fastrack selling and ride operations are different departments and the parks don't close down certain queues or run rides on lower capacity so they can sell Fastrack tickets.

Whether this is a joke or not, seeing this mentioned time and time again is just frustrating.  I don't know how many times it has to be said that Fastrack selling and ride operations are different departments and the parks don't close down certain queues or run rides on lower capacity so they can sell Fastrack tickets.

It was a joke, but I think that Thorpe have definitely been guilty of this sort of thing on several occasions, for example artificially inflating the queue times and leaving anyone who hasn't bought Fastrack stood still for over half an hour!  (MBV last year).

It was a joke, but I think that Thorpe have definitely been guilty of this sort of thing on several occasions, for example artificially inflating the queue times and leaving anyone who hasn't bought Fastrack stood still for over half an hour!  (MBV last year).

You have literally just ignored what I wrote!

Ride operations and Fastrack sales are completely unrelated departments.  Completely unrelated.  Those who control the queue times will not artificially inflate a queue time "to sell Fastrack".  It will either be that they haven't updated the queue times or are wrong.  Both of these things should not be happening (queue times should be as accurate as possible all the time, to the best of the parks' ability).  However, those things happening are not there to sell more Fastrack tickets.

When faced with a Fastrack queue, the batchers have to get through the Fastrack queue - they need to make sure that the people who are paying for the privilege of skipping a queue get what they pay for.  It's not great, but they still have to deliver the service.  I totally agree it's an awful feeling, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to Fastrack not being sold properly, and NOT the park artificially inflating queue times.

Totally just jumping in here...

As an ex ride host/operator, I can confirm that queue times are not deliberately changed/manipulated because of Fastrack! The operator will phone control when the queue time needs updating - it is an estimate based on what extensions are open, how far back the queue is*, if the ride is running reduced capacity etc...so it will never be 100% accurate, that's impossible as you can't predict any minor hold ups. And it may be rounded up by 5-10 minutes, as it's surely better for the queue times to be, say, 5-10 minutes longer than they are (rather than too short and then guests being disappointed). But no, Fastrack is totally unrelated, it is part of the sales department and not the rides department. Chances are, the ride hosts will know nothing about Fastrack sales figures themselves (and I dare say a fair few dislike Fastrack due to the batching issues that Josh mentioned ;) )

*Hence why at meets, there have been times where, with Rush for a good example, I have assured people and said what I think the queue time will realistically be, despite it going as far back as Quantum and looking long! :P

I thought it was about that but surly no one could see Rita from outside the park and I was disappointed with how they didn't open the ride until 11:15 however at 11 they sent a ride car round with two ride works in the car