Rita

Dan9

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So much love for Rita today... 3 rides, 2 front & 1 back... All amazing, pretty smooth (well as smooth as intamin get lol), and just felt really forceful and kept it's speed through the whole ride which I've never felt before... Hmm!

I must admit it did seem better when I rode it back in August than it ever has been before.  Still don't rate it very highly personally as I find it dull unless I'm in the back seats.

I must admit it did seem better when I rode it back in August than it ever has been before.  Still don't rate it very highly personally as I find it dull unless I'm in the back seats.

I've always had a little soft spot for Rita, although it isn't really anything special... It just became amazing today, probably my best ride of the day, although saying that all the rides were running amazingly well (not including breakdowns lol) today in comparison to past visits. So probably my best visit to Alton yet this year :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing I have ever ridden is rougher than Colossus, but SAW is a close second. I mean I LOVE Colossus  :wub:  its one of my favourites and I reaaallyy don't care if rides are rough or smooth so long as they are somewhat intense. But Rita has always seemed fine to me- a little rough in places, yes, but far from horrendous. I like it, its a good launch coaster and while it is by no means my favourite on park (that title goes to Nemmy <3) it is clearly very popular.

Nothing I have ever ridden is rougher than Colossus, but SAW is a close second. I mean I LOVE Colossus  :wub:  its one of my favourites and I reaaallyy don't care if rides are rough or smooth so long as they are somewhat intense. But Rita has always seemed fine to me- a little rough in places, yes, but far from horrendous. I like it, its a good launch coaster and while it is by no means my favourite on park (that title goes to Nemmy <3) it is clearly very popular.

Sorry Ruby - I really don't like Rita, it's the uncomfortable offspring of the beautiful (and much adored by me) Stealth! :D I tolerate it at Alton Towers but don't enjoy it. You're right though, it's not up there with Colossus in terms of uncomfort!

Sorry Ruby - I really don't like Rita, it's the uncomfortable offspring of the beautiful (and much adored by me) Stealth! :D I tolerate it at Alton Towers but don't enjoy it. You're right though, it's not up there with Colossus in terms of uncomfort!

Haha you don't have to appologise xD I agree- stealth is better!! I love stealth so much, ridden it am unholy amount of times this year whereas I've ridden Rita once. After I've ridden Rita it somehow magically tricks me into going 'oh that was good, that was longer than stealth so it must be better...' but then when I get back on stealth it's like 'NO I WAS WRONG I&#39;m SO SORRY I bETRAYED you!!!' xD