Rita

Dan9

I mean rita dose not go higher than stealth but it gose the same speed

It doesn't go at the same speed... 20mph is a BIG difference...And all Accelerators can rollback, in fact I wager a guess that all launched rides can rollback... Sometimes the power from the system just isn't enough... It's happened before I'm sure...Also, it's GOES... And, DOES...

I mean rita dose not go higher than stealth but it gose the same speed

Rita - 60/61 MPHStealth - 80MPHAnd, if you want to be pedantic, any coaster can roll back. I do believe there was on occasion where Colossus valleyed on the final turn before the final inline twist. And there's been other occasions where it has happened on chain-lift coasters as well. So yeah, Rita can 'roll back', but whether it can because of the launch, well, I'm not too sure. Posted Image

Rita - 60/61 MPHStealth - 80MPHAnd, if you want to be pedantic, any coaster can roll back. I do believe there was on occasion where Colossus valleyed on the final turn before the final inline twist. And there's been other occasions where it has happened on chain-lift coasters as well. So yeah, Rita can 'roll back', but whether it can because of the launch, well, I'm not too sure. Posted Image

Thanks for that info but, what is the highest point on Rita?I know stealth is 205ft approx

Rita has rolled back on a few occasions, but it's really infrequent. Due to Rita's very high average speed - it would take a massive underpower for it to happen. The speed at which Rita travels over the high point is still quite fast, so even with considerably less speed it would still make it. Stealth on the other hand trickles over the highpoint, so just a slight underpower causes a roll back (or wind).:)

• 1 month later...

I remember how much fun I had on this ride. I've only ever been able to go to Alton once in my lifeand this was one of the six rides I managed to get on(I didn't even get time to go on Nemesis)It was nearly 6 years ago that I rode this but it's still vivid in my mind as the best launch coaster I have ever been on.It's fast, It's smooth, it's sexy.what more could you want?

• 1 month later...

Rita is not rough...! My god, how did you all cope when you rode Corkscrew? How do you manage on Colossus? Or Space Mountain M2? Or indeed most old Vekoma coasters? Rita has ONE jolt on the far helix. Apart from that, it is not rough.The only reason it would hurt is due to your height and Intamin's restraint system.People have such short memories if they're starting to call Rita a rough coaster. You obviously don't know the meaning of the word. For a definition,try riding Stampida or Goudurix.

Rita is not rough...! My god, how did you all cope when you rode Corkscrew? How do you manage on Colossus?

Most members here never rode Corkscrew and a lot ride Colossus begrudgingly. Rita's okay, I mean my main problem with it is the slightly blase layout more then any roughness.

My god, how did you all cope when you rode Corkscrew?

Corkscrew I had no real trouble with towards the end of it's life as I was complete above the top of the restraints...

How do you manage on Colossus?

I don't, it's a vile ride, doesn't stop Rita being rough though...

Or Space Mountain M2?

Only exceptionally bad and unrideable in the back... Unlike Rita...

Or indeed most old Vekoma coasters?

These vary a lot...

The only reason it would hurt is due to your height and Intamin's restraint system.

I found Maverick rough, so obviously it is Intamin's fault... Again... And why go on about it when you then give a reason as to why I find it rough? Sense?

For a definition,try riding Stampida or Goudurix.

Ridden both, Goudurix is NOT as bad as people say, and Stampida I rode before Kumbak came in, so cannot comment...However, just because THESE rides might be rough DOES NOT automatically make Rita not rough... That's foolish to think... Besides, all rides PALE in comparison to Mean Streak, so I do know what I'm talking about...

Call me odd, but when I rode Rita, I enjoyed it. Okay, it isn't the smoothest thing ever, but it's smooth enough that it doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the ride. As for the layout, again, not a masterpiece, and it definitely felt as if it lacked something, but it was good.It's by no means great, it's just good.

Rita is not rough...! My god, how did you all cope when you rode Corkscrew? How do you manage on Colossus? Or Space Mountain M2? Or indeed most old Vekoma coasters? Rita has ONE jolt on the far helix. Apart from that, it is not rough.The only reason it would hurt is due to your height and Intamin's restraint system.People have such short memories if they're starting to call Rita a rough coaster. You obviously don't know the meaning of the word. For a definition,try riding Stampida or Goudurix.

A ride is not rough because of a restraint.Rough is when a coaster shakes/jolts on the track. If you have a problem with the restraints, it makes it uncomfortable, not rough.

'Nuff said :unsure:

I said the only reason it would hurt is because of the restraint design.I then said the ride is not rough because of a restraint, because there's a difference.A ride being classified as rough is different to a poor restraint design. At least, I thought it was!My god. I feel like I am under threat from the Gestapo. :unsure: