Rita

Dan9

Alton have had the best part of four months to come up with something reasonable looking, yet we're stuck with this?

At least cover it with some plastic ivy or something :mellow:

This. If anything it looks worse than it did before, Dont see why at Stealth they are able to solve the issue without any of this scaffolding..

I guess its cheaper than adding to the ride maybe?

I honestly thought this was some sort of construction work going on when I first saw it on Towers Nerd. It's shockingly awful. I really hope the whole Dark Forest area is revamped at some point in the near future, especially Rita. The idea of a drag racing track being taken over by nearby cursed forest doesn't quite cut it as a legitimate theme. :huh: Just paint Rita entirely green, retheme it to a werewolf or something and be done with it.

It continues the theme of scaffolding that Thirteen has ;)

Yeah, it sort of blends in. But then I do agree it doesn't look the best - it's certainly an improvement on last year!

So temporary or permanent? I really cannot tell from that picture, but I'm guessing there is more work to be done on this. And as mentioned, I too cannot believe they've had 4 months and not sorted this!

....wait.... what? This is the 'work around'? Considering Merlin make around an annual revenue of £600m+ you'd hope that they'd create and work some magic, brining in atmosphere that engulfs you - gives you a sense of being in another world. I'd like Merlin to be renamed 'nation of scaffolding'...Seriously, are Merlin’s contractors Wicks?

Just saying as all. I mean, when you're second in the world to Disney... you'd at least would like to show just that tiny, little, minuscule worth of effort.
Tussauds standards slipped after a long few years, but were good to begin with. Merlin came in half arsed and... They just stayed that way. They’ve been spending money on stunts that insult the public intelligence, false advertisements, and general all 'round cheapness. Ever since 2004 the UK has had not much to shout about.

...gosh I'm a moany old man.

There must be an alternative to this... As I said over closed season stealth has had new railings and a wider walk way added and you can walk under the launch there as you wish, you can also queue under it where as I beleave at Rita if still has staff stopping you whilst a train is launching.. Very odd

• 4 weeks later...

I've never been on Rita, but it looks awesome, is it better then Stealth? Plus I think the scaffolding is alright, certainly goes with Thirteens like stated above.

I haven't done it either but I don't get how people can compare the two- yes, Rita has more twists and turns than stealth but stealth is way higher and faster so stealth is frankly much better. That's my opinion on it anyway :)

Slightly niave opinion there. Hurarkan Condor is much faster and higher then Detonator and yet Detonator is just better in everyway.

Nonetheless, Stealth is better because Rita tries to kill you straight after the launch whereas Stealth just goes up and down. Both rollercoasters suck compared to Blue Fire, Shock and I-Speed

Slightly niave opinion there. Hurarkan Condor is much faster and higher then Detonator and yet Detonator is just better in everyway.

Nonetheless, Stealth is better because Rita tries to kill you straight after the launch whereas Stealth just goes up and down. Both rollercoasters suck compared to Blue Fire, Shock and I-Speed

Yes. I know I couldn't judge it simply on speed and height but stealth does look much more impressive in every way(including the scaffolding on Rita ;)) this year I am off to europa park to ride blue fire which I heard is really good so I am looking forward to that :) it kinda makes me feel that stealth should be extended with inversions but I don't think that is a good thing to do.

I have heard about how Rita cracks your neck round the first bend but it is meant to be a good ride- I will just have to wait to scarefest this year to ride it!

Yes. I know I couldn't judge it simply on speed and height but stealth does look much more impressive in every way(including the scaffolding on Rita ;)) this year I am off to europa park to ride blue fire which I heard is really good so I am looking forward to that :) it kinda makes me feel that stealth should be extended with inversions but I don't think that is a good thing to do.

I have heard about how Rita cracks your neck round the first bend but it is meant to be a good ride- I will just have to wait to scarefest this year to ride it!

I don't have any problems with Rita whatsoever. In fact, it's my second favourite coaster at Alton Towers. I love everything about the ride: the launch, the hill (which offers amazing airtime), the tight curves... It's such a shame that the hideous cattlepen queue and location let the side down.

I haven't been on Blue Fire, but Mack launch coasters are regarded as the Rolls-Royce of the coaster world. You're in for a treat!

I don't have any problems with Rita whatsoever. In fact, it's my second favourite coaster at Alton Towers. I love everything about the ride: the launch, the hill (which offers amazing airtime), the tight curves... It's such a shame that the hideous cattlepen queue and location let the side down.

I haven't been on Blue Fire, but Mack launch coasters are regarded as the Rolls-Royce of the coaster world. You're in for a treat!

I can't wait to ride it :D just a shame that europa park only has good coaster not flat rides :(