Opening Times

Rich

Can't believe it will have been a whole 7 weeks since my last visit!

Quick question: what time has it recently been opening on weekends for annual pass holders and then for general guests... Going this Sunday; and do they still let friends with the £10 annual pass voucher tickets in with the annual pass holder for ERT. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

That's rubbish, but at least they haven't cut back the opening hours of Fright Nights like in 2012.

They need more than just a new ride to give them a boost IMO, it should bring more guests in but they really need to sort out their reliability as lots of rides closed is likely to put off repeat custom, as well as gaining the park bad publicity meaning that other potential customers might also be put off.

That's annoying, but I can understand why as it does seem a lot quieter than last year. Just hope Fright Nights won't be cut back until 9.

It also says its closed on Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th of November? That was originally open till 5 as I was planning to go on the 8th :( It was open until 6 that weekend last year.

EDIT: Josh beat me to it

Shame the park is only closing at 5pm for weekends before Fright Nights, but I guess during this time it's much quieter being the transition between the busy summer season and bustling Fright Nights.

The 4pm closings after Fright Nights don't surprise at all, but it's strange how the park won't be open on the second weekend of November now yet is still open on the week days (up to the 6th) considering it'll probably be much quieter then.

I just hope 2016 is a much better season for the park (or Merlin overall)

Have they also got rid of the last weekend? I thought the park closed on the 8th (Sunday), but it now looks like it's closing on the 6th (Friday)?A shame that this has happened. I wonder how much of this is an aftermath of Smiler's incident, and how much of this is Thorpe themselves?

Aren't they doing MoS on Saturday the 7th though?

It could be a mistake, earlier in the year I had to email and ask them if thy were open on a particular day because the website said they were closed but other parts of the website indicated they were, they came back after a few hours and said it's a mistake, we're open we'l let the web team know, and within a few days the site had been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick curious question?, do the gates open at 10 or only the rides? For example can I arrive at 9 and get my tickets ect and have some breakfast at the coffee stand in the arcade type area and wait until 10?

Park tends to open at about half 9, and rides will open as soon as they are ready.

• 4 weeks later...