Best Sound Of Thorpe Park

d.m.k

• 1 month later...

I was waiting for people to mention Rush and Slammer's restraints and then they did!^^that oneColossus in generalSAW dispatching, as the cars start to move there is this kind of whistling/squeeling noise. It's quite quiet, you could probably only hear it when behind the gates. And also there's a clicking noise they make as they leave, sometimes it carries on as it goes round the corner past Billy and before the first drop.Rush obviously. Also, one that no one has mentioned yet - when people are getting on etc, inside the towers (or what most people would probably call it's "legs" lol) there's quiet-ish, continuous hissing noises, I think it' the air/air pressure "re-filling" or something along those lines :) SlammerSamuraiStealthTidal thundering down the drop, then BOOM the sound of water, then an even louder sound of water as it hits the boat, the bridge and Soak Zone!If Vortex runs without music you can hear the motors (well the "spinning" one) when it starts spinning, it's the really high-pitched sort of noise. You can also hear it from the bridge when it's quiet first thing in the morning and it's testing, but the only people that would be on the bridge at that time would be staff, hence why I know you can hear it from the bridge (worked there in 07 and 08). And also the whining/whooshing noise when it's swinging at full height, again you could only hear it without the music.Zodiac going round :) it sort of goes "click click click click click" etc as it's spinning.Horsey noise on Quantum queueline announcement!! XDDetonator in general...and the noise of 3 clicks :)And that huge boom it now makes as the car starts lifting :) makes me jump everytime!Does anyone remember when it used to make that awful squeeling/grinding noise when the pistons got into place at the top? :D It was back in 2007http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UPbUvMzHsWatch that and you will know what I mean! LOL it makes me laugh so much! Actually the whole video is pretty funny!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...