Best Sound Of Thorpe Park

d.m.k

I'm not talking about any of the soundtracks here. I mean the noises which the rides and coasters actually make.I have noticed as I walk round the park, that the attractions make some great noises which really do remind me of the park, and I have so many times refered to Thorpe Park's rides outside the park. For Example, the other day I was in a mates car and his brakes were making a noise just the same as Samurai powering up and down in the ride cycle and I loved it so much :D Some of my personal favourites are:- Nemesis Inferno pulling out of the station and that clonking noise which I "think" is made by each of the set wheels passing onto another section of the track.- Samurai when slowing down and powering up. - and Colossus leaving the top of the lift hill.What are your favourite noises from the park?Thank Youd.m.k

I think it is just the floor lowering mechanism kicking in. Air at Alton Towers makes the same sound and it basically sounds as if the moveable floor is a hollow block that makes an echoed bang when it is jolted by the mechanism below. Clicky So it isn't Air's best dispatch run but it got there in the end. I also like the floor lowering noise and the sounds of Samurai when it powers up or brakes.

Theres this like compressed air noise which often sounds gives a small bang noise which are used some some breaks on coasters which I love. The 'WOOOOOO' of the stealth breaks'. General chain lift noises. The alarm from samurai - one of bournemouth high streets traffic lights has that same alarm.

• 1 month later...

Here are my favourites:

• Colossus' anti-rollback as it comes off the lift hill
  • Slammer's motors working away when it's spinning
  • Inferno's lift hil - just listen to the noise it makes the next time you are on it, going up the lift hill
  • Stealth hitting the magnetic brakes
  • Stealth's winch house noises in generally, and the "whizzing" noise you can hear when a train launches. You have to be right up close to the winch house to hear these.
  • Vortex's "humming" noise when swinging. It can be heard clearly during test-runs without the music.