The Curse at Alton Manor - NEW for 2023

treeis

Discuss the fun, fast and zany ghost train that is....Duel! What I find funny about this ride is that it is definetly one of my favoriots in Alton, just beating RITA and AIR! And that zombie just before the tunnel scares the pants off me every time!

When I was young the haunted house used to make me cry. lol!Duel is awesome I think... I can't compare it to Tomb Blaster 'cos I haven't been to chessie for about 6 years ;) but dw, I'm going soon ;)It feels really long as well... and I love shootingso much fun.

Sorry, but Duel was better when it was just a normal Haunted House. Give me Tomb Blaster anyday.

That makes the two of us ;)Duel is a fun ride, it's got that bit of cheese that I love but I much prefered when it was just a haunted house. What I liked about it was that it was just what you would expect a traditional haunted house to have but now it's just another shoot em rides.Don't get me wrong I love Duel but Tomb Blaster wins for me, it's a more epic experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Discuss the fun, fast and zany ghost train that is....Duel! What I find funny about this ride is that it is definetly one of my favoriots in Alton, just beating RITA and AIR!

It's one of my favourite rides at Alton Towers too.Duel is definately better than Tomb Blaster, for a start, I think it's longer and much more entertaining. Infact, once, I rode Duel and didn't play the game - I just sat there and went round admiring the whole ride, purely because I find it that entertaining!Answer me this though: what is better out of Duel or Phantom Fantasia that used to be at Thorpe Park? Phantom Fantasia was excellent but Duel kicks ass I think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From experience, Duel has a LOT more targets and there's also yellow ones which are worth more. ( 200 or 500 or something along those lines.)Also the ride isn't longer in terms of time but I think it is in terms of track, therefore you go through more targets at a faster pace. You do always seem to score a LOT more points on Duel, even saying that 90000+ is an amazing score :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I rarely get to visit Alton Towers and out of all the times I visited, I only ever went on Duel once about 6 years ago.I went on it a few weeks a go and it seriously kicks ass!!!The whole theme of the ride is amazing! I can't believe I am saying this, but I think it beats Tomb Blaster for me!I even went on it again and didn't shoot to admire the themes which is something I never do. I have never jumped on a shooting ride neither :PFor an amazing ride - I am very shocked of its short queues too.

I was pleasantly surprised by Duel earlier this week. It's obviously had quite a bit of attention as of late; I would say that every effect that's supposed to be there, is working.I noticed burst pipes smoking, audio working throughout the ride, smells pumping out where they should be and most of all the Skeleton Corridor working as it should be. As much as I'm bitter about Duel replacing the Haunted House, it's still a good ride.

• JoshC. changed the title to The Curse at Alton Manor - NEW for 2023