Artie

Slammer

1824 posts in this topic

Hi guys!Been away for a while in Qatar!!Well, here we can discuss the slightly underated Slammer!I personally think it's a fantastic ride, and now doesn't really breakdown as much as Rush.

Slammer is a fantastic ride- Especially the forward flips It's also got a brilliant capacity and so doesn't have a queue very often! :)

Yeah, the capacity's great compared to Rush because whenever I went in 2007 it was always operating on one swing and Slammer Had both paddles going, as it always does!!!

Slammer has to have both paddles working, something about the balence or something like that? Feel free to correct me, cause I'm not too sure.

I think he means only loading one side or something :-SBut yeah Slammer can't be made so only one side is moving! And if you load only one side the computers will have a hissy fit and die.

No it wouldn't... you f*cking tit!Slammer needs a the sides to be equal to within 2 people up to a total of 15 on each side, then above that the sides must be equal or it breaks the motors. Hence why the loading takes so long, as remote end has to be batched after the ride sequence has finished, as the remote attendant has to be in the remote console watching the ride.And at a throughput of 550 it isn't exactly good..

Not really. Everyday guests at the park wouldn't really twig onto the fact that they are by the same company and besides there are other rides there to cope with Rush being closed (again).

It's a shame when a ride is closed.Rush is down, yet again, and we're left to rely on Slammer and Samurai to recover the damage done. I actually visited the park, on monday, and I must say that I still enjoyed the rides, as much as I did previously.Slammer is heavily underestimated, in my opinion.

Slammer needs a the sides to be equal to within 2 people up to a total of 15 on each side, then above that the sides must be equal or it breaks the motors. Hence why the loading takes so long, as remote end has to be batched after the ride sequence has finished, as the remote attendant has to be in the remote console watching the ride.

Do you think the ride operator can see how much weight is on each end? And it might tell you if it's enough, not enough or too much weight.Is that what the other cabin is known as, the remote console?

Is weight distribution the reason why the ride will sometimes raise to the top, pause for about half a minute, and then lower back down again, and fail to spin? This happened to me once.

Been away for a while in Qatar!!

Grr! I hate names that start with Qa - it's not right! Like Al Qaeda for example. Bloody people, what makes them think they can drop the u after Q?Anyway rant over.When Slammer was down back in April or May, it was online to S&S Utah, America, doing a software update. Amazing stuff.

Slammers a brilliant ride!Its a bit scary when your upside down though because your whole weight is on them little shoulder bars and u think its going to suddenly move upwards!really good ride though (Y) x

Slammers a brilliant ride!Its a bit scary when your upside down though because your whole weight is on them little shoulder bars and u think its going to suddenly move upwards!really good ride though (Y) x

my only thing about the ride I hate its when the parks busy and thay have only 1 worker at each paddle it takes ages to go though the lap and solder bars ;)

Why? I think it is extremely under-estimated, its a lot more extreme than it appears to be, as all it does is flip you upside down at a great height.Its the G-Force and the free-fall experience that you feel while you do so, and the last backwards swing is amazing because it rises over the top really slowly so you have to push yourself into your seat as all the blood rushes to your head.

I can understand everyone doesn't like Slammer - but for visitors who like it more than they hate it, I recommend it, as it's now the only sky swatter in the world. You won't get a ride like this anywhere else - shame.

I can understand everyone doesn't like Slammer - but for visitors who like it more than they hate it, I recommend it, as it's now the only sky swatter in the world. You won't get a ride like this anywhere else - shame.

what?!? I thought it was the biggest of them. not the only one.

what?!? I thought it was the biggest of them. not the only one.

Uh-huh. When Slammer opened, there was only 2 or 3 left in the world, including Slammer. Soon it only left 2 and I think the remaining one was at Six Flags Astroworld. And I think that closed last year to leave only Slammer.

Yeah, the first ever Sky-Swat was in S&S' Playground, does anyone know why that one has closed, because it makes Slammer the only Sky-Swat in the world ;)