Slammer

Artie

What is actually wrong with slammer? Is it because of the breakdown at an angle

I was on it last week when it broke down.. I was sitting on the left side, and just as the ride began. I heard a massive cracking sound. Straight away the ride slowed down. We made one full revolution, and went round once in more in slow motion.. Proper slow going upside down lol. I was bored of Slammer till it broke down :PI got some pics, will problee upload them. But nothing special, just me stuck up in the air for 30minutes.. I waddled out my top restraint, leaned over the side and took pictures of the engineers. They finally got us down, took us to the Calypso tents. Gave us free hot chocs and 4 exits passes each. A good day I must say lol got on stealth twice in under 5 minutes.. Peak Easter time!! haha :P Surprised it's still broken, though that crack sound really didnt sound good. To me, sounded like something inside the ride like the massive steel supports or something cracked :P

Thorpe really need all their rides open at this time of the year, hopefully Slammer will help spread the queue times so they're slightly more managable.

The queues are already starting to decrease, since the Bank Holiday Monday. After this weekend, the park will be in another 6-weeks or so of "off-peakiness", before the queues really start to build up during the May Half Term. (Obviously the weekends will see more visitors than during the week, and as you say, hopefully all of the rides will remain open, to spread and ensure minimal queues).

So I should be ok going on Friday 24th April then? Hopefully not too busy after the holidays!Last time I went, I took one look at Slammer and thought... "I cant go on that". However, as I am easily convinced to go on anything, I expect I will be on it this time (assuming it's open). I have no problems with rides that go upside-down as long as they keep moving - its the ones that dangle you face down over a massive drop for a longer period that get me (but I guess thats the fun part for most people)!

Can I just say, that the time you spend queuing for Slammer will be the most well spent queuing time you've ever done. Slammer is one hell of an experience and never fails to give an extremely intense performance. The hang-time and G-force are incredible, and the first forward swing creeps up on you like nothing you've ever felt. :P

Well I hope so, I didnt think I would like Vortex or Zodiac but they were awesome!

Slammer is awesome, and to me detonator scares the hell out of me :P , and I wont go on that again ever again... But I been on slammer sooo much that I was getting really bored of it :P . Until it broke down the other day :P , and thats replaced the fun fear factor of the ride again. Go on it!! Its wicked :P