Rant

Theme Park bloke

People will moan with some of their current circumstances of their lives because at the time, that is all they know and you have to adapt to the changes.As people get older, they will find new things to moan about. Education gets harder, but at the same time, you also get older and mature at the same level and learn how to adapt to it.Obviously, this is without doing any university work, I would say that the biggest shock for students is the leap from GCSE's to A levels.

While I appreciate what Nicky and Ian are saying, I am personally well aware of how much harder uni is seeing as my brother went and I have friends there now. It might be hurtful to some people though to read that...although yes, it is the truth. This kind of goes back to my previous post about how some people are naturally good in education and some of us really struggle. I feel so inferior and stupid that twice I haven't been able to cope with college. Ha, and to think at the start of my current college course I was considering going on to be a vet or vet nurse. Fat chance of that happening!And yes, college has/does make me miss school and GCSEs! I've said it before to people starting college and they're like "Oh don't be so negative!" :mellow: I do enjoy learning stuff but at my own free will. I'll have moments where I become engrossed in reading about something and learning from it. But to stay in education and do all that work, spend most of my time dedicated to it...that just isn't me. I LOVE working though, I know I keep saying it but my job is so perfect :o And it's not a doss, playing around with cats, it's cleaning, to a high standard but at a good speed, especially when we're busy/full! And some jobs are very tiring physically, like when I have to do a "major clean". That's where the empty chalet is fully cleaned, have to lug a full, heavy bucket of water to it, then scrub all the walls/wiring both inside and out, depending on the chalet size it can take from 20-30 minutes! I had one on Monday, last thing after cleaning pretty much all the occupied chalets, three on Tuesday and four yesterday (Wednesday)! Its all I did that day xD The next day after doing one my shoulders/collar bone area hurt. When I get home I sometimes feel pretty worn out and can end up alseep for an hour. But nearly a year after starting there, all the hectic days in the summer last year, I still enjoy it and have never lost enthusiasm.Yet with college, it only took just over 3 months to lose enthusiasm. I don't want to use the word hate because that is too strong a word. The course is great and I have learnt sooo much from it. But the dedication that has to go into it to do well, and the time it takes up on my life, I just can't metally cope with it. I guess what I'm saying is both work and college are demanding, one physically and the other mentally. And my strength is clearly in working and being active, being hands on and doing things. Also I don't mind doing things for living I.e shopping and laundry etc. I may hate some jobs like washing up, and struggle to keep my room tidy, but on the whole I much prefer doing those things to sitting at home, doing research and assignments endlessly. I will feel so awful if I leave because every teacher is lovely and I will actually miss them all! :o And my friends I made too :PBut me and education just don't mix, I have strengths in other areas and am confident that I am not "Messing up my future!"Ridiculously long post over! :D

My mate is self-harming, and I have no clue what to do or say. It makes me feel so guilty that there's nothing I can do about it :mellow:

One of my friends had done self harming for years unfortunately he is no longer with us :D sorry Lauren I'f seems bad , I tried my hardest to stop him from self harming him self and couldn't stop him from doing it, he had medicationfrom doctors to try slowing it down and try to stop but unforutantly didn't really have great deal of effect . His self harming was really bad on the scale of 1-10 would say 9 :o .I wouldn't feel guilty Lauren it's not your fault and wouldn't take to much to heart I know your a kind girl and want to help as much as you can but there's really nothing that you can do to stop it , the only one thing you've got to keep asking your friend is why ? Why are you doing this a try and make them feel happier .and remove any sharp objects from there belongings . Tell your friends parents they can help too the more help the betterIf want more private chat just send me a pm I will be happy to help you more I'f need :o

Thanks so much Dano :blush:I can't really remove what she does it with, she does it with anything she can get her hands on, so there's not much I can do. I think she's getting help from a doctor now, but I think the reason she's doing it is because of a boy, which is silly. :mellow:

;rolleyes: usally allways over relationship issue it's about 90% of the cause of it :o but what I all ways say to my self there is always plenty of other fish in the sea and there's always someone else out there for you :D .Doctors is best way and tablets work quite well for some people . My friend used to self harm him self with any thing too . And used to take drugs which killed him in the end :o overdosed .

Self harm can be very addictive but fortunately, the cycle can be broken. I used to do it regularly and ended up in A&E twice. I guess as I've got older I realised that it wasnt really helping. I think I did it to cope with stress/anxiety. It is quite a secretive behaviour but once people know you can get help. People that self harm just need a bit of support and to not be judged but ultimately you cant stop them from doing it if they really want to - if someone wants to self harm it is their choice and you shouldnt feel bad about it. It is fairly common and more talked about these days which reduces some of the stigma surrounding it.Hope that your friend gets the help that she needs

;rolleyes: usally allways over relationship issue it's about 90% of the cause of it :o but what I all ways say to my self there is always plenty of other fish in the sea and there's always someone else out there for you :mellow: .Doctors is best way and tablets work quite well for some people . My friend used to self harm him self with any thing too . And used to take drugs which killed him in the end :D overdosed .

Oh. Sorry about your friend :D

Gonna re-post something I said about 3 years ago now.

This forum as a whole is something to rant about with 2 years ago I would not have done. Do you know why? Because you can't voice your opinion anymore without someone saying something's wrong with it or questioning it. Its called an opinion because you can sometimes build it up by observation, someone can do something etc etc. And the fact that if someones not doing something about your opinion, someones being a sarcastic arsehole. This forum used to be friendly in MY opinion, now if you join and don't understand something you get slated. I can understand if a new member insults someone but just by merely asking about something they get a f**king page of people either being sarcastic or stuck up. Just because your an older member does not mean you can treat new members different cause you were one once remember? Here are some definitions that people may have forgotten about:Friendly:adjective, -li⋅er, -li⋅est, adverb, noun, plural -lies. –adjective 1. characteristic of or befitting a friend; showing friendship: a friendly greeting. 2. like a friend; kind; helpful: a little friendly advice. 3. favorably disposed; inclined to approve, help, or support: a friendly bank. 4. not hostile or at variance; amicable: a friendly warship; friendly natives. Opinion:–noun 1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. 2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal. 3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion. 4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case. 5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion. 6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

Admins are trying but now we just need the members trying....

When I first joined in Feb 2008, I pissed off a lot of people and let's be blunt and honest. On my first meet-up I asked people if they were enjoying themselves, I got slated for being nice and considerate. I got annoyed because everyone was just talking and I felt that they were wasting my time talking, since I didn't have an AP. I've had arguments with Jack Dann and Seb, which have been resolved and things have moved on. Post-wise, on the future ideas topics, I've posted ideas for expansion that were unrealistic and not feasible. I don't think I was one of the worst members but I have grown more and more and have become more aware.I don't think people realise what is spam and what isn't. Ian is right, we have become so accustomed to the standards and ways of being on a forum, but other members are not always clued up. And we need to understand that they have to go through the learning curve that we all went through.I just want the older members to be more patient and understanding.Example:Adamm who spammed on forum chat, made a topic apologising for what he did. I am disappointed in you guys for really coming down on him and ganging up; you know who you guys are and it's unacceptable.

Example:Adamm who spammed on forum chat, made a topic apologising for what he did. I am disappointed in you guys for really coming down on him and ganging up; you know who you guys are and it's unacceptable.

Actually, after that 'apology' he continued in chat to do things such as and I quote:"Let's play a game, I'll spam the chat as much as I can before one of you bans me"That is spam. That is annoying. That is worthy of a ban.

I'm fully supportive of that viewpoint Ian, until you can get everyone who's already on the Forum to get a long and stop the bitchiness then I doubt people are going to welcome new people with open arms. It's like High School, everyone has their little groups and cliques. :rolleyes: