Rant

Theme Park bloke

People walking all over me because, basically I am as soft as a turd and find it difficult to say no. need to be more assertive but I like to treat other people how I want to be treated but some people blatantly take the piss. Its not enough that my mum is seriously ill. Oh, you want your cats looked after? yeah ok and how about I buy their food for them aswell because you havent left enough. You want help with decorating? Sure! Ive got nothing better to do with my time. Oh and today, my neighbour who I barely know asked me to lend her £10. Think I am more fricking angry at myself. I swear I have MUG written on my face somewhere. This post might sound bitchy but I am so frigging exhausted with everything and.....well it is a RANT thread! :) And cancer - evil evil nasty horrible disease that I would not wish on my worst enemy. We need to find a cure

My best friend's friend, passed away from cancer today :) cruel world, I hate you. I don't even know what to say to my friend.

So sorry to hear of this. It isnt a nice situation to be in - it is a cruel world that we live in and cancer is vile. Best thing you can do is listen to your friend if he wants to talk and just be there for him/her for support.

Ooh, another school rant coming right up..Head of Politics says we have to do an exam question a day over the Easter holidays. He says that an exam question is part a, b and c. Anyone who doesn't do all 17 essays gets study leave cancelled.I get major stressed, etc. etc. Mum emails my tutor, who speaks to the head of Politics. 'Oh, I would have been content if they answered a part a or b or c a day. As long as they've done some questions, I don't mind.'WHY!!!!

I had enough of school in September. I've had arguments with my parents about it time and time again because I ****ing hate it so much.But I guess the whole 'think about your future' **** is fairly important.But it's all a bunch of ****. - I've revised so much less for my AS levels than I did for my GCSEs. I kind of hope I fail so I don't have to go back.

Agree about the school/college thing. I went to college at 16 and left in my second year as I was so unhappy and wasn't enjoying the subjects, plus my grades were pretty crap. I went back to college in September as most of you know, doing what seemed the perfect course for me. I have since January completely lost the enthusiasm, which I put down to depression but I feel better than ever now but still don't want to carry on with college. I have never been naturally good at education, unlike my dad and brother who love learning and find it so easy, they hardly need to revise, they absorb it all and don't forget it. I am the complete opposite, meaning far more effort and motivation is required, which is enough strain on anyone, but add my "mental conditions" and it becomes near impossible. I'm not letting them get ne down or using them as an excuse. The only thing I can stick to is working. I would love to go full time at work, the feeling I get from it is great, it's rewarding. The rewards (feeling accomplished, like I'm doing good deeds and getting paid) are instant. A 2 year stressful loads of assignments college course takes 2 years until you get a grade. The things learnt along the way are just not enough to keep me going. I have trouble with thinking about the future, it's like a near-sightedness to the future. I can only mentally consider the present (this way of thinking is actually a problem many with ADHD etc have), it's like my brain etc doesn't have the capacity to think that far ahead and act upon it. Hence why us ADHDers are often misjudging time and almost always late. I'm still in bed and have 20 minutes til I leave for my bus to work. Exactly. :)

Going on from what Mer said, about the siblings being compared, I hated watching that happen to people around me. Their parents would place such an expectation on them to do well if a brother or sister had already gone through that level of education and passed with flying colours.The main gripe I had about exams at GCSE and A level and no doubt it'll come up again in my first year degree exams is that no matter how much the teacher says "they aren't there to trick you" or "they just want to see your knowledge of the subject"; that's rubbish. I remembered getting an A2 report mark back which had to be written in exam conditions and I got an E and it really did get me thinking: doing exams really is like playing a game, you can have all the moves and tools to win but if you don't do them at the right time and in a certain way then you lose. Exams are exactly the same: if the exam board just said "tell me what you know about......" then no doubt people would be fine, but because they expect you to go through all these different stages and basically jump through hoops, it becomes that bit harder; and if you don't, you don't get the marks.Anyway, resat the geography report exam and got an A woop woop!

I hated school with a passion - I left 15 years ago and was so bloody happy on the last day. Then went on to spend 4 years at college trying to work out what I wanted to do with my life and ended up doing an advanced GMVQ in IT but ended up getting booted out due to crap attendance (down to depression) - oh well, at least I got a decent trip out of the course - disneyland paris :mellow:My school seemed to love the students who were super intelligent - everyone else, like me they didnt bother with!!

I don't particularly know how to phrase this without sounding really blunt....If you are stressing now with GCSEs and A-levels, uni may be a bit of a struggle. No support whatsoever, no telling you how to answer the exam or tricks for it. Basically its what you can remember and turn into a decent argument for the exam.You try it when you are faced with a lever arch folder full for each module and that doesn't include the recommended reading for the module.It's either for you or it isn't. Then try combining that with cooking, cleaning and shopping for yourself.You will be wishing for the days of GCSEs and A-levels, past papers and revision guides.