MTDP

MikeC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm new to this forum. I can confirm that Thorpe do have an MTDP as my friend visited the park and saw the blue prints up in the office when he went to make a complaint. He said that he isn't allowed to tell what they are planning as thorpe want it kept secret at the moment. But he did say that they will build a roller coaster over the lake and that there will be a ride linked to the hotel and that they are removing one of their coasters. I hope that X; No way out is leaving. It is kind of stupid that they have the plans up in the office if they want them to be kept secret.

Am I the only one who enjoys going on X:\ No Way Out? :oThen again, I don't go to THORPE PARK often, so that is probably why! :P

I enjoy X:/ No Way Out as a ride, but it really annoys me how it is just so dull now. If only they added some theming and special effects, there is the opportunity there for a world-class attraction. The opportunity is just being wasted at the moment with a lack of effort being put into making the ride experience half decent.

I'm new to this forum. I can confirm that Thorpe do have an MTDP as my friend visited the park and saw the blue prints up in the office when he went to make a complaint. He said that he isn't allowed to tell what they are planning as thorpe want it kept secret at the moment. But he did say that they will build a roller coaster over the lake and that there will be a ride linked to the hotel and that they are removing one of their coasters. I hope that X; No way out is leaving. It is kind of stupid that they have the plans up in the office if they want them to be kept secret.

are you sure he wasnt pulling your leg? he would go to guest services to complain not an office.

are you sure he wasnt pulling your leg? he would go to guest services to complain not an office.

If you go around the back there is an office there, I went there when we had chav problems (11th August 2009) and sercurity came out to talk to us but I didn't see any blueprints, but then again, I wasn't really concentrating on that sort of stuff.

I'm pretty sure because he is telling the truth as he is friendly with a member of staff who has quite a high position there so he could have been talking to him. I will talk to that member of staff and ask him what is being planned over the next few years and hopefully get some answers and put it on youtube and my site aswell as discuss it in this forum that is if he lets me of course.

If you go around the back there is an office there, I went there when we had chav problems (11th August 2009) and sercurity came out to talk to us but I didn't see any blueprints, but then again, I wasn't really concentrating on that sort of stuff.

The office where the blue prints are in is under neath Port Atlantis near the lockers. The plans may have been moved now after my friend saw them. Hopefully they should be released to the public soon.I think that the coaster over the lake will be a B&M mini hyper coaster like Hollywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan and the ride linked to the hotel a monorail or boat ride linking the hotel to the park. I am however certain that X is leaving as it is not very thrilling and most of thorpe's guests seem to find it rather boring. If it were to be replaced I would like to see a new improved version of X with inversions and an accelaration (not a launch due to lack of space).

Sounds Great :blink: especially the roller coaster over the lake

Well nothings a certainty, if the neighboring neighborhood don't like it they can complain and campaign against it.

That's one valid reason why it is highly unlikely. Stealth was only approved as the track can blend in to the sky and isn't very loud. But a B&M hyper (like most B&M's do) produces a very high level of noise and I can understand why the locals would object to it after visiting Mirabilandia and listening to Katun's roar (not a hyper) which can be heard from the other side of the park.

For certain ? I haven't heard that there will be coaster for certain any where else. Just have to wait until plans are released.

For certain (as long as planning etc go through). The plans are for 2 major coasters between then and 2016, the first going on the land being infilled behind the staff area next to the lake. I work at Thorpe, there have been rumours about it for a few weeks and at the weekend on one of the inductions my manager confirmed it. I've also spoken to the head of operations who confirmed it. No solid plans have been released yet. P.s. I know that doesnt serrve as any real accepted verification so please no one come back with that lol

For certain (as long as planning etc go through). The plans are for 2 major coasters between then and 2016, the first going on the land being infilled behind the staff area next to the lake. I work at Thorpe, there have been rumours about it for a few weeks and at the weekend on one of the inductions my manager confirmed it. I've also spoken to the head of operations who confirmed it. No solid plans have been released yet. P.s. I know that doesnt serrve as any real accepted verification so please no one come back with that lol

Thanks for that :blink: . I look forward to seeing those plans after being released.