Detonator

Lewie900

Apparently this is one of possibly three rides that, due to being older, requiring parts that need replacing though there is no company making the parts. As elsewhere, if a ride is unique even though that may only be in dimensions in the infrastructure, the cost of repairs becomes exhorbitant.  The same reason we lost Slammer.

That would be a real shame to think that Detonator could be on borrowed time if it's a struggle to find parts.  It's an incredible drop tower.

Hopefully all will be sorted soon and they can continue to source bits.

I bet many of Thorpe's rides are starting to hit these sort of troubles now at about the same time - many of the flats were built within a few years of each other.

4 hours ago, planenut said:

That was the way Drayton Manor's Apocalypse went. That was a shame with the options of floorless, sitting or standing, and at 177', it was brilliant, Detonator's drop is 115'.

Detty may be 115' but it's still a better drop tower than most in Europe. (Scream at Heide Park is my fav - the drop seems to go on forever).

1 hour ago, Coaster_Contrarian said:

Detty may be 115' but it's still a better drop tower than most in Europe. (Scream at Heide Park is my fav - the drop seems to go on forever).

I've not been to Heide Park for years and I think we spent most of the time riding wood; Scream is  a 338' drop and must be brilliant.