Miss Hippos Fungle Safari

barley142007

I think there may be a subtle hint as to when this area will be developed in the new park map. I know many of the people on the map are just there for the sake of being there, but the man clearing trees on the Mrs Hippos fungle Safari site could surely be seen a hint, even if it wasn't, that this is going to be 2010's new ride.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there may be a subtle hint as to when this area will be developed in the new park map. I know many of the people on the map are just there for the sake of being there, but the man clearing trees on the Mrs Hippos fungle Safari site could surely be seen a hint, even if it wasn't, that this is going to be 2010's new ride.

I swear that 'man' is a monkey, he looks like one nayway. :P

• 1 month later...

I'd much rather prefere them to get a huanted house style ride such as the old wicked witches haunt which looks stunning in photo's shame it ever burnt down :unsure:

If it hadn't of burnt down, it would have been knocked down a couple of years later..MHFS will probably have a flat if I'm honest. Can't see the park wanting to stick a dark ride there..

I didn't mean a dark ride there, I just meant it would be nice to see a dark ride back at the park, although I would hate it to be one of those laser quest thingy's.a traditional one would be nice, like wicked witches haunt, I have only seen photo's and am dissapointed I could not expereince it.

Again I'm on the other side of the fence here (seems to be a worrying trend). I would absolutely hate a dark ride at Thorpe. Not because I don't think it suits the park but because I would bloody hate queuing. It feels like everytime you put teenagers in No Way Out's indoor queue line they have to scream and start being anti-social.So I would actually despise a ride in the dark at Thorpe.

I would love to see a topple tower with water fountins that would be really cool, the only thing is you would need two to keep up with through put.

2? Seriously? Topple Towers are ok rides... But I cannot really see Thorpe getting one... There are plenty of better rides out there that I would much rather have... Especially as the Topple Towers suffer reliability issues...

Again I'm on the other side of the fence here (seems to be a worrying trend). I would absolutely hate a dark ride at Thorpe. Not because I don't think it suits the park but because I would bloody hate queuing. It feels like everytime you put teenagers in No Way Out's indoor queue line they have to scream and start being anti-social.So I would actually despise a ride in the dark at Thorpe.

I see where you're coming from and I completely agree. One was I see the resolve that matter is to have the entire queue outside (like Alive), but then that spoils the idea of it slightly. I personally think a dark ride would be excellent for the park's portfolio. With their constant improvements to effects and theming, the park are beginning to show the effort they can make into an experience. The thing is, I don't want in the MHFS spot. To me, I see that more as an opportunity to have a flat which could use the opportunity to have some interactivity with some of the tree landscaping - it is something that the park also needs.

• 3 months later...

I think Thorpe could do with a Maurer Sohne coaster, (x car) as long as it has 2 or more trains and is a bit better than Drayton Manor's. I think it is stupid how Drayton Manor only have 1 train on the ride. Maybe an Intamin Mega-Lite, although this may be similar to Colossus.

I can imagine chavs saying "It's like Colossus apart from it don't go upside down 150 times innnnnnit"I'm all for an X-Car coaster, just one that's bigger and longer than G-Force :P

they have the space there because there is all that room where the canada creek railway used to be I think it would really compliment Nemesis

I think I remember seeing in the MTDP that there was a possible flat ride location near where miss hippos was as well as another food outlet. However I think it would be better to have a small but thrilling coaster there, e.g the Mega-lite (as I said before) and even if they might have enough money and space; maybe a Maurer Sohne Skyloop XT450, That is a skyloop with an X car coaster added to it after the skyloop. (It is on the Maurer Sohne website if you don't know what it is).