Miss Hippos Fungle Safari

barley142007

He thinks he's Holly and You - an admin :huh:Thorpe Parks owns Abbey Lake to the left of Colossus, Manor Lake to the right of Stealth and Fleet Lake by the carpark to the right.I have been told that a Coaster is planned to the left of Colossus on a land extension that is to be filled in at a later date. If you look to the right of the park, we have tons of land (enough for 3 Coasters) but if you look to the left, we have a nice amount too. Not forgetting Fleet Lake, which has loads too. We are not short of space on the 3 sections (water).We will most likely see a new family/thrill ride or coaster where MHF Safari used to be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, it is such an arkward space to fit a decent ride there. I was thinking one of Mack's Splash Battle rides (actually that would be perfect for Chessington). Obviously themed with Nemesis Inferno (such as the Volcano). But the question is, would it really fit? Or perhaps an open space that would be useful for the park's events throughout the year, especially Fright Nights for The Asylum.

They should replace it with an S&S "el loco"It would fit so well!

I suddenly had the urge to reply to this. That would an awful idea. The ride is very similar to most Euro-Fighters (Saw in this case) and the capacity is bad. I would also imagine it would be very 'squashed' between the side of Nemesis Inferno and would most likely require to remove the lovely trees down towards Canana Creek.

As TPM has said THORPE PARK has closed and removed Miss Hippos Fungle Safari.So what do you think is going to be there?Another Ride?Eating Area?I reckon THORPE PARK should put something like the tower of terror (paris) or something like the men and black ride.;);)

I reckon they should make a sort of childrens rooler coaster ride with safir cars style keep the jungle theme I had a really gd I dea in my head and was going to draw pictures so I could see if I could get them on?It could be a roller costerish ride where the cars go along a track the staion is the inside of asnake painted redish pink colours for the skin and effects.You leave the station and start a climb up a twenty foot lift hill, where there's a tree next to you and a bird ontop that sprays water at you you, you then drop down over a watering hole and jumping out fish mechanical with glowing visible eyes lights uner the water. as you leave the watering hole you make a right turn and the car is tilted as a rhino has run at the car mechinical track for th rhino to follow up to the car, the car moves along tilted at 45 degree angle to the left untill you turn left and start to go fast at thirty five miles per hour you hear a hyena's laugh and electronical sounds as you head towards a roaring lion and then you swerve right and carry along a track where you you can see a group of monkeys on the right hadn side and they are eating banana's and another falls over skn mechanical and then you finally climb another twenty foot lift hill but half way up you stop, as two hyena's are on the track, they run at the car on their own specail track besides the coasetrs and swerve to the left after a gun shot sound and go back round for the next car as you reach the top of the lift hill you can see that there's a snakes mout at the bottom hissings sounds are played as you plunge into the mouth at thirty five miles per hour, the snkes mouth has teeth and red glowing eyes lights.This is an idea I thought up tell me what you guys think :)

I reckon they should make a sort of childrens rooler coaster ride with safir cars style keep the jungle theme I had a really gd I dea in my head and was going to draw pictures so I could see if I could get them on?It could be a roller costerish ride where the cars go along a track the staion is the inside of asnake painted redish pink colours for the skin and effects.You leave the station and start a climb up a twenty foot lift hill, where there's a tree next to you and a bird ontop that sprays water at you you, you then drop down over a watering hole and jumping out fish mechanical with glowing visible eyes lights uner the water. as you leave the watering hole you make a right turn and the car is tilted as a rhino has run at the car mechinical track for th rhino to follow up to the car, the car moves along tilted at 45 degree angle to the left untill you turn left and start to go fast at thirty five miles per hour you hear a hyena's laugh and electronical sounds as you head towards a roaring lion and then you swerve right and carry along a track where you you can see a group of monkeys on the right hadn side and they are eating banana's and another falls over skn mechanical and then you finally climb another twenty foot lift hill but half way up you stop, as two hyena's are on the track, they run at the car on their own specail track besides the coasetrs and swerve to the left after a gun shot sound and go back round for the next car as you reach the top of the lift hill you can see that there's a snakes mout at the bottom hissings sounds are played as you plunge into the mouth at thirty five miles per hour, the snkes mouth has teeth and red glowing eyes lights.This is an idea I thought up tell me what you guys think :)

By reading this, I imagine a ride similar to Tami Tami at Portaventura. I think it's a good idea, one which Thorpe Park could easily create. One point though - "as you plunge into the mouth at 35mph", don't you think that might be a bit fast for a children's coaster. Flying fish is only around 20mph, and Colossus is around 45mph!. For this type of ride, I would imagine around 25-30mph. It's a very good, well thought out idea.

Given the theme of the area, it wouldn't surprise me if Thorpe just rebuild a newer version of Fungle Safari. Maybe just change some of the aspects and the name obviously. :)I just can't see a coaster going in to that slot, anyway it wouldn't really fit a land which has a Caricell and a Swinging Boat.It's a nice idea for a ride, but maybe get rid of the Fish and put it there

It would be good to see something like ste193 said. However I doubt Thorpe nowadays would go to the effort of making something like that for the Families with childrens sake. With Thorpe making it clear they are a park for Thrill Rides now it's hard to see something like that happen, which is a shame really as I think it's a pretty good idea, and it would be good to see a few more family friendly rides at Thorpe.

By reading this, I imagine a ride similar to Tami Tami at Portaventura. I think it's a good idea, one which Thorpe Park could easily create. One point though - "as you plunge into the mouth at 35mph", don't you think that might be a bit fast for a children's coaster. Flying fish is only around 20mph, and Colossus is around 45mph!. For this type of ride, I would imagine around 25-30mph. It's a very good, well thought out idea.

Yes I huees it was a bit fast I would say to kepe the speed to a minimum and they wouldn't havw to do to much to the land and theming wise either.Thank you ;)I was thinking of trying to draw it but I'm not that gooder artist.

It would be good to see something like ste193 said. However I doubt Thorpe nowadays would go to the effort of making something like that for the Families with childrens sake. With Thorpe making it clear they are a park for Thrill Rides now it's hard to see something like that happen, which is a shame really as I think it's a pretty good idea, and it would be good to see a few more family friendly rides at Thorpe.

I have to agree that it would be nice to see some more family rides even though it doesn't concern me, but I did read soemthing about saw soemewhere where they said about there focus going to drastically change and it made me wonder with the removal of MHFS if they would possibly switch back and install a new family ride?However I doubt this since they seem to be allabout thrills which I don't mind.

Given the theme of the area, it wouldn't surprise me if Thorpe just rebuild a newer version of Fungle Safari. Maybe just change some of the aspects and the name obviously. :)I just can't see a coaster going in to that slot, anyway it wouldn't really fit a land which has a Caricell and a Swinging Boat.It's a nice idea for a ride, but maybe get rid of the Fish and put it there

I suppose you could cahnge the aspect I didn't really think it up I sort of dreamed it one night and I didn't orignially see it as a coaster as such I saw it as a monorail type ride which might work, of course the drops wouldn't really be possible, or you could have carruage moving along a rail above them and it could still drop?

I suppose you could cahnge the aspect I didn't really think it up I sort of dreamed it one night and I didn't orignially see it as a coaster as such I saw it as a monorail type ride which might work, of course the drops wouldn't really be possible, or you could have carruage moving along a rail above them and it could still drop?

A monorail round Ranger County would be nice, or even one through the jungle. Guess it could kind of work

No.The MTDP (Mid-Term Development Plan) lasts from 2004-2008/09. Which expires this year and we should get a new plan this year, so the council can have time to read and approve it before 2010 season begins.The LTDP (Long-Term Development Plan) finishes at 2016/2017 - but that plan will probably change due to the amount of new things that never got built.I am personally expecting a MTDP around summer/autumn 2009. Jan/Feb 2010 is too late because Thorpe will want new attractions for 2010 and they need to have approval before they can start building. They will submit their new MTDP and forms for any new attractions, then the council will review the new mtdp and approve (if yes/no). ------Back on topic, I personally think, what is the point in building family rides when CWoA is just down the road but if anything...a family-thrill ride would be nice. MSHF is a strip of land, and a dark ride would be too big whereas a Disk'O would be satisfactory. Otherwise, a picnic area would be good too.*There should be a thank-you button for good posts