Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

Because that's what B&M said so...It's not the only one with 7 rows, 2 other Inverts have the same situation... Why? Maybe because of the layout... But they would've made the calculations and what-not during the design and decided upon why all the way then...

Surely adding one more row wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway?it's not like N I's queue doesn't move pretty fast :o

Erm, it probably would since those trains are bloody heavy...Think of it this way, you throw something with a bit of force and it lands at a certain point, if you were to throw it again with more force it would land further away...Adding an extra row is NOT a small allowance for a coaster though... All the original calculations would have to be changed in order to fit the new weight/force/etc values that would be needed and therefore results would change and so on...

Or, we could just go with the simple answer that in 03 thorpe park was dead and didn't exactly need capacity? Who knows what they were thinking about the parks future back then.

I thought that but I also thought that it would be pretty short sighted for the park to add a coaster to a rapidly expanding place and forget to request an extra row.

Hi all,Well guys, Nemesis Inferno now has a very special place in my heart. It's because it was my first major coaster that I've been on, as of 25th may 2010. Before, the only coaster at thorpe that I've ever ridden is X No Way Out. But, Nemesis Inferno was just so awsome though. It took so much persuasion before I went on. In fact, someone in the queue line apparently commented that just because I was blind I shouldn't ride it. Well, I'm proud to say that I've proven them wrong! I absalutely loved it, and next time, I'm going to do the unholy trinity, along with saw. I couldn't do those this time as we ran out of time, we had to be back on the buss really early, too early in my opinion, but, the point of this post is a point I've already made, and that is just simply that Nemesis Inferno is awsome, I love the way it swoops around the track. I didn't know when it went upside down, but next time I'll see if I can notice the motion a bit more. I'm wondering, is there a drop at the beginning? because it felt like it, yet on wikipedia it just says the train takes a sharp right turn and doesn't mention a drop.

Hello there!Nemesis Inferno has a pretty good layout. It has a pre-lift section and, since the station is elevated, the train starts with a small drop and turn into the volcano tunnel. Heavy smoke (when working) and lighting effects are used in the tunnel to give a fire-like effect, before the train exits out the other end and turns into the lift hill. The lift goes quite high up at a fairly quick speed, before swooping downwards to the left. So, yes, it does drop but turns at the same time. The drop is very steep and therefore picks up a lot of speed, before going immediately into a forceful vertical loop. A pond is situated under the loop, and if working you may feel the water of the geyser effects. The track then performs a zero G roll and turns around near to Detonator (at the other side of the Calypso Quey area). Here the ride performs interlocking inverted corkscrews; in which the train travels through one corkscrew, does a stall turn and comes back on itself, then does another one which 'twists' around the other. As the ride slows down, the trains head off back towards the volcano area and goes through two upward helixes, one to the left and one to the right, before entering the break run and returning to the station.Hope that helps and makes sense! Glad you like the ride too.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they will bother until next season to be honest. That old hoover trick might work, and it's worth a try. (maybe they'll even clean/replace that filthy netting and remove the 8 tons of dust from the ceiling whilst they're at it!)The bass cannons were actually switched on during the first month or so of this season, but they were vibrating like mad and they actually sound better switched off in their current state.Who knows, maybe next season we will see the bass canons fixed and the dispatch music working too! It would be a shame to leave those cannons switched off, they must have cost the park a fortune, and it really was amazing having those blearing out! I never would have thought they would bother fixing these, but lately Thorpe have made some serious improvements and it's looking up for the future. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Just had a great idea and listened to the Inferno dispatch theme on the speaker set. The subwoofer was going like mad. The music came alive and I hadn't heard it properly since 2006, I think. It felt like I was actually in the station. It is a surprisingly dramatic piece when played properly through good speakers, it would be even better on those BOSE bass cannons.If they do one day bring it back it would be amazing. That thumping bass adds so much.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Thorpe Park have some of these BOSE 502b speakers installed underneath the unload station of Stealth, you can see them in the main Q-line; they seem to be louder when a train is launched with the launch count down. It would be good to keep the BOSE cannons in the Nemesis Inferno station though, and bring the Dispatch theme music back as well! Maybe there will be a solution?

I think Thorpe Park have some of these BOSE 502b speakers installed underneath the unload station of Stealth, you can see them in the main Q-line; they seem to be louder when a train is launched with the launch count down. It would be good to keep the BOSE cannons in the Nemesis Inferno station though, and bring the Dispatch theme music back as well! Maybe there will be a solution?

Yes there are 4 base-boxes underneath stealth they are not speaker they are essentially sub-woofers, and the launch track has a lot of base so they seem louder but reallly they are just more bassy from the track and as for Inferno, easier said then done!

• 1 month later...

Inferno had 'technical diffculties' around 4:20pm on Saturday - it meant I never got to ride it after queuing for 40 mins or so. Was quite gutted really as we saw it running again shortly after we joined the queue for Stealth. Anyone know what was wrong with it or what usually (I know it's usually knowing) goes wrong with B&M inverts?

I don't know what was wrong but would like to say that in my opinion Nemesis Inferno is the most reliable coaster at THORPE PARK. I visit many times a year and apart from one visit this year when it briefly shutdown for about 30 minutes the only time I have ever seen anything go wrong was way back in its first year when a car was stuck at the top of the lift hill for several weeks.