Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

Little bit disappointed that the mist today wasn't as large in quantity today. Didn't have quite as much as impact as the mist when it's at the beginning of the tunnel, like it's been for most of the season.Though a big well done to the staff today, who were dispatching absolutely fantastically!

Are they still only playing the short loop? To clarify, the theme is basically repeated twice but the second time around it has a bit more oomph with extra drums. Could someone clarify?I agree with Mark, whilst I liked the idea of a loading music and then fading into the dispatch theme, the old silence and dispatch was so dramatic. Inferno's station used to be very imposing and full of drama in those first few seasons. Now it literally feels like a tin shed as much as it looks. Shame!

To be fair, I do like the area theme thumping in that station. It's sexier than loading in silence.

See for me, Inferno benefits from the music playing only at certain moments, not all the time. It's like modern day TV, everything is drenched in music trying to tell you what emotion you need to have. Inferno in it's first few years had the balance just right as the theme went and you felt the rumble off the train travelling below you. Now it's just another Thorpe ride with a soundtrack.

• 1 month later...

Noticed that Nemesis Inferno trains were running with one or two of the black fire wheel covers off. Looks extremely odd; it isn't the first time I've seen this but there were a few more missing than last time. Could this be so they can get to certain wheels easily for maintenance or are they easily damaged? They do look quite plasticy

Well, whatever the reason it's perfectly safe or they wouldn't run the ride! :P

Oh I have no doubt that the ride is safe with or without them; just looks strange. Probably going to sound strange but the wheel covers on B&M inverters almost made the trains look like they were gliding along the track, as if there aren't any wheels, being moulded around the rails and consieling the wheels from most angles; it's a great effect for me.

• 2 months later...

Noticed that Nemesis Inferno trains were running with one or two of the black fire wheel covers off. Looks extremely odd; it isn't the first time I've seen this but there were a few more missing than last time. Could this be so they can get to certain wheels easily for maintenance or are they easily damaged? They do look quite plasticy

So two months on, covers don't seem to be back on. Did they break them, do they think it doesn't need it, do Thorpe think Inferno is superior to every other B&M inverter in the world and that the wheel covers a commodity not worth having?And another question, all those that wanted Colossus re-painted. Well why is Inferno's track more green now then red.

This is exactly why Thorpe love a tidal wave theme, a deserted and abandoned theme, an apocalyptic theme...They can just let it rot and it infact, it looks better! However, stand back and look at the park as a whole and it just makes you want to wash your hands.

Emphasis on the word abandoned! Surely it is in the park's best interest to maintain the track. I'm not an expert on track paint but I'd assume that it provides some form of protection for the steel from all the elements mother nature and day to day running chucks at it.

• 2 weeks later...

They've had some double buckle ones in the past, good to hear its been properly modified now though

Posted ImageOnce again I am in disbelief over how awful the park PR has been in recent years... Just how do they even come up with these ideas? Pick up some common/uncommon (last month's dwarf debacle) complaints out of a hat with several others helping what Mike Vallis will 'say'?JUST GO AWAY!

• 4 weeks later...

They've been working for the past couple of years as far as I know! And aren't they triggered by every second train that leaves the lift or something? There must be some sort of sensor system that stops them going off while a train is going past. tongue.png Or do you mean the smoke geyser by the top of the steps outside the station? As that's hardly been working on any of my visits this year, think some birds made it their home as they were going through a hole in the mesh...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...