Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Just seen on facebook that apparently MAP day is when they test out 'Code 100' which is the evacuation of the park when a dangerous animal escapes. Is there any truth to this?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

This used to happen on Friends and Family day which was, traditionally, the day before MAP day. And it isn't so much of an evacuation as "get everyone inside".

However, we are sorry that Rattlesnake will not be ready for Celebration Weekend.   We may be running the ride over the weekend but this will be for testing and staff training purposes only. 

We are finishing some last minute touches to Bubbleworks and Dragon’s Fury and we hope these will be open in the afternoon.

Nothing about Tomb so you can assume that it's actually finished ready to go. Bubble and Fury to be open in the afternoon but on both days strikes me as staff testing or something in the morning. Rattlesnake was due to a delay in receiving essential parts. 

A typical start to the season would be having Vampire closed.

Considering the state of last year (no bubbles, fury, vamps and more), this is a pretty okay open season ride offering. After all, Rattlesnake has suffered a fair bit recently.

I guess, until busier season starts they don't want people distracted by Cheesy Dibbles and to watch the new one instead.

They'd be better off going after school next week, oops, I didn't say that, just ignore me, I'm talking bollocks, carry on....

I'll forever be amused by the lady last year at Thorpe demaning to be taken to the front of the queue because she was 'an Merlin annual passholder' and expected priority over 'Thorpe passholders' with her frantically waving her blue MAP around......

Good point! Doesn't help that most complain at the slightest of hiccups, yet when things go well they never bother saying anything!

Ultimately many don't realise that the main purpose of AP days is to rehearse and use it as a training tool for new staff. Of course things won't be perfect.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion