Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Mario's Greatest Adventure!11th August - 12th September.Be part of Mario's Greatest Adventure by coming to the park dressed as Mario any day during the event and you’ll get into the park for FREE*!Put your Mario skills to the test and play your favourite games including Mario Kart™, New Super Mario Bros™, and Super Mario Galaxy 2™. Plus keep your eyes peeled for some great photo opportunities, as well as being able to meet Mario, win prizes and get your face painted for free**!* Free entry for anyone wearing a Mario costume is only valid 11th August – 12th September 2010. Offer entitles one individual wearing a Mario costume one free entry into the park. A full Mario costume must be worn. A full Mario costume would be a minimum of dungarees, a hat and a moustache.** Subject to availability.

don't really have point, just that it is common knowledge, lots of people know

I didn't know that and I bet 100% of my friends didn't know that. I actually appreciate information like queue times and unlike yourself who chose to not tell anyone, themeparkmad has done me a good service.

Chessington had an unusually bad day today :DThe park's normally got incredible reliability but at one point, Tomb, Falls, Fury, Bubble and Kobra were all down at the same time... Kobra, Tomb and Falls failed to re-open.However fantastic customer service, everyone visiting got a free ticket for this year.

Chessington had an unusually bad day today :DThe park's normally got incredible reliability but at one point, Tomb, Falls, Fury, Bubble and Kobra were all down at the same time... Kobra, Tomb and Falls failed to re-open.However fantastic customer service, everyone visiting got a free ticket for this year.

Two of their highest throughput rides, their newest ride and with their other high throughput ride on reduced capacity....oh dear.

Absolutely diabolical service from Chessington, it's gone absolutely crazy on overselling Exp's, making it's blindingly unmanageable. Same for exit passes - it's just such un joined up management to try and provide quick fixes.So you've got a 150 minute queue for Vampire, 75 for Runaway, Bubbleworks, and other 'just under signature ride' level, what do you do to sort this out? Cut selling Exp's down to 500 instead of 1750, stop giving out Exit passes, and stop giving disability wristbands for such stupid reasons and manage it properly.

While I would not say the customer service is brilliant, I would say it is decent and acceptable and the right thing to do. Thorpe also had a shocker today. Saw and Colossus not open on time. Stealth opened at 11.30am and Inferno opened at 6pm! :D Quantum and Voyagers were also unavailable for large portions of the day. Probbably more but thats what I saw. They even had the CHEEK to sell fastrack on Inferno, disgraceful.

While I would not say the customer service is brilliant, I would say it is decent and acceptable and the right thing to do.

Oh I totally agree its the right thing to do.

Thorpe also had a shocker today. Saw and Colossus not open on time. Stealth opened at 11.30am and Inferno opened at 6pm! :D Quantum and Voyagers were also unavailable for large portions of the day. Probbably more but thats what I saw. They even had the CHEEK to sell fastrack on Inferno, disgraceful.

Indeed sounds like a cursed day today :D

Dragon Falls did re-open around 5pm and park did stay open only another 30 mins.Vampire at 150 mins is obviously just rediculous.... same for any other ride lol.Apparently, there was even a queue for Adventurers' Services! :D

Only extended opening by half an hour?It's things like this that makes me so glad I never work at theme parks. The glory of working on good rides means nothing if you just get hours of abuse for something totally out of your control.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion