Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I don't understand? 'Family' implies adult and children mixture (and 2 adult 2 children is the £saving example used), but it doesn't state anywhere that that is the case? I'm going with my family (4 adults) in a couple of weeks, but don't want to book in case 2 of us end up with kiddie meals.

Also, 5 donuts per transaction? Just book it in 2s then! No one should be buying anything other than a 2 or 3 person ticket.

I don't understand? 'Family' implies adult and children mixture (and 2 adult 2 children is the £saving example used), but it doesn't state anywhere that that is the case? I'm going with my family (4 adults) in a couple of weeks, but don't want to book in case 2 of us end up with kiddie meals.

Also, 5 donuts per transaction? Just book it in 2s then! No one should be buying anything other than a 2 or 3 person ticket.

I think there is a much needed clarification on this deal!

You telling me my wife and parents aren't my family? It will be surprise news when I break it to them.

Sorry bout that, didn't realise who you were going with! And yes, I don't really get how this works either, if you have a family of 4 why can't you buy 2 and 2 to get extra donuts? I'm not sure how it works but maybe when you are eating they will only let you give one family ticket so maybe you should stick with the safe option!

Whilst Falls has reopened the park aren't sure on a date for Runaway, and whether or not they want to fully sort it out (I.e. replace themeing) before it reopens...

Waiting game still on-going...

In other news, they've RUINED Zafari completely... Ended up having kids meals because they've decided the 2 courses for £10 isn't good enough anymore and will also have more choice for the kids than the adults...

Idiots run the place...

They haven't started yet. I think they were just focussing on Falls and getting that open first.

I believe they are removing the mountains/rocks around the ride, or at least some of them. Whether they will be replaced, watch this space....

Seeing what's happened to Falls, I can see all rock faces being removed and in replaced making the ride look worker than the Flying Fish could.

Maybe it's me but Chessie really seem to be going backwards this year.

RMT- brave it backwards ;)

Makes you wonder what the hell was going on during closed season to be honest...

Nothing really, I was there at zoo days and we accidentally wondered further than we should have because there was no barrier or anything! All we managed to spot though was that vampires carriages had been taken off and the buildings in Mexicana were being done up. Apart from that, nothing else appeared to be happening so I do not get in the slightest why chessie are doing this work now instead of in the closed season!

Well if you read the signs in the park you'll see it says they can only do certain work during the open season, due to winter weather. In an ideal world, the closed season is best, but then seeing work progress through the years can be...interesting.

Rattlesnake and peaking heights were originally on the update list aswell... Does this mean they will be closing them during the season? I am visiting on 15th march and my friends badly wanna ride rattlesnake! Speaking of that date... How busy will it be?

Rattlesnake and peaking heights were originally on the update list aswell... Does this mean they will be closing them during the season? I am visiting on 15th march and my friends badly wanna ride rattlesnake! Speaking of that date... How busy will it be?

I think you're a bit late if you want to get there for 15th March.... ;)

Seems like Chessie this year is becoming Shambles an apparent 15 min load time for Kobra and very long Queues which are not moving quickly not my experience but complaints on Facebook LOL

I know I read them aswell- it is very disappointing that the staff are working so slowly and are deliberately not loading fast enough resulting in trains to be stacked up outisde the station(on safari skyway, rattlesnake etc.) I think that they should be more efficient and on Kobra the wait is 3 hours when it should be 30 mins because they are taking 15 mins to unload and load. They really need to sort this all out...

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion