Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Not at all I love Rattlesnake! It's better than that pretty bland facade, plus there wasn't much of Calamity Canyon up at the top end anyway.

Although very detailed, I never considered Rattlesnake to be "well-themed" as such, especially considering it was built in 1998 yet seems to use effects from 1930. It has my favourite dodgy animatronics in the country, although not quite on par with the zombie outside Duel in terms of being blatantly unconvincing. But that's all part of the fun!

• 4 weeks later...

In a slightly unforeseen move, the park will be opening a selection of rides during its African Adventures event during half term, which includes TombBlaster and Hocus Pocus. Full details can be seen below.

http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/african-adventures.aspx

I'm quite surprised they're opening Tomb Blaster as this gas never happened before considering its right round the other side of the park. However what concerns is, what if this means park maintenance won't be done, considering they're supposed to be doing a lot of works there this year and surely this may limit work on the rethemed Scorpion Express, even though reports suggest were in for disapointmrnt.

I guess Bubbleworks is presumably not there as they are still working on repairing the fire damage round there, seeing we still don't know what they will do with Creaky Cafe.

In a slightly unforeseen move, the park will be opening a selection of rides during its African Adventures event during half term, which includes TombBlaster and Hocus Pocus. Full details can be seen below.

http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/african-adventures.aspx

I'm quite surprised they're opening Tomb Blaster as this gas never happened before considering its right round the other side of the park. However what concerns is, what if this means park maintenance won't be done, considering they're supposed to be doing a lot of works there this year and surely this may limit work on the rethemed Scorpion Express, even though reports suggest were in for disapointmrnt.

I guess Bubbleworks is presumably not there as they are still working on repairing the fire damage round there, seeing we still don't know what they will do with Creaky Cafe.

Finally, a piece of positive news for Chessington!

This is actually a good move, and one that I credit them for.

Creaky Cafe appears to have been removed from the food and drink section of Chessington's website.

http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/food-drink.aspx

Considering this isn't surprising seeing how the place was severely damaged in the fire, this could mean either the restaurant will be rebranded when/if it reopens, there won't be a restaurant there for the 2014 season, or it's just a tempory measure until it Reopens.

Bubbleworks is still listed for reopening in march, so presumably the ride received little to no damaged.

Just spotted the new Chessington 2014 advert. Looks great, with some jazzed up Zufari stuff, with 'the park' on the horizon. Mentions the still totally unbuilt hotel and Dragon Falls looks great - they must have replaced the stone faces, as they're showing them off again..... (Grrr).. No word on Scorpian Express though... <_<

Just watched the 2014 advert.

Apparently the Azteca hotel will be opening in August, unsurprising really seeing they've barely started, however seems a bit late in the year considering peak season is from June IMO.

I think its disgraceful they're advertising Dragon Falls with the rocks there. Yes it does look much more impressive the ugly concrete look it had in 2013, but gearing from what's said, there's no way they would replace the rocks if the park has confirmed the ride will be rethemed at a later date (or maybe never).

Hotel opening August.....?? cutting it a bit fine to cash in on the open season, only really leaving 3 months of the park being open, why not get these things ready for the start of the season or even Easter at a push as you are kind of missing out on a lot of business or is this the new Merlin way to open things half way through the season?

Got to say the mild panic that spread after rumours Madagascar Live wouldn't be returning surprised me. I had no idea the show was so popular, would kids that small actually notices if the people dancing in Madagascar suits switched to another kids brand?

It's rumoured to be going?

They'll probably just update it to the Circus version currently at Heide Park knowing Chessie...

Though a quick look on Facebook shows that Chessie are saying it isn't going, shame...

I expect we'll see the back of it by 2015. Presumably we'll get a new show there (maybe of another past it's hey day I.P), plus I'm certain Toadies is on borrowed time before it goes.

To be honest they don't need Toadies and Truckers - personally I'd rather they kept Toadies and refurbished it as it has a higher throughput.

Griffins Galleon is really tucked away in LOTD - I've been on it many times (I quite like it!) but it has never been even nearly full, even on busy days. Shame that they shoved it in that corner

I understand they wanted to keep the Dragon area self-contained bu the section behind the building feels so dull! They should of made the path carry on and exit toward Vampire so they area is a U rather than being a dead end.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion