Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I understand they wanted to keep the Dragon area self-contained bu the section behind the building feels so dull! They should of made the path carry on and exit toward Vampire so they area is a U rather than being a dead end.

Nothing wrong with having a one area entry for small kids - cbeebies land is doing exactly that. Helps the lost children prevention.

Just really poor planning, could've opened it all out had the building run alongside the area and everything around the outside with a large space in middle. Instead they killed off half the land by the placement of playhouse and capers.

The cafe building already existed (it used to be part of ToyTown) but I think the playhouse shed thingy was a new structure.

Where Action Man was is a bit of a mystery to me. I remember it being so large, like a winding labyrinth in a hidden pocket of the park. But looking at the footprint of Land of the Dragons now, it must have been pretty tiny!

• 2 weeks later...

A report with so many glaring errors makes me dubious of such things happening... Besides, even if they do, they'll be broken in a day...

I thought the same about the errors as well but if it confirms the effects from a manager then it must a be a bit reliable surely?

But as you say, I can't see them lasting very long either...

I thought the same about the errors as well but if it confirms the effects from a manager then it must a be a bit reliable surely?

But as you say, I can't see them lasting very long either...

The thing is (especially in my experience of Chessie and other parks), is that things said by the managers can and will change... So many plans and ideas never see the light of day whilst some just change down to the lack of budget (see Zufari finale)...

Such poor reporting though doesn't help, even if they spoke to the right manager...

The park are always going to say 'there's more to expect'.. Whilst the Mexicana re-paint is a great thing, a flat cattle pen queueline.. no tunnel to interact with the track, and a backdrop, which is only there (or will only be there) to hide the staff road around the back, is all a little underwhelming. Fire and water effects, as everyone has already touched on; will be gone in a month or two. The train is currently being painted a rust colour in Wild Asia, it's all only coming together now - last minute.

Whilst yes, Market Square is a great thing opening it up (and adding a nice detail), I can't help that falls still looking like rubbish, and what looks like a shadow of it's former self at Runnaway, all feels like a punch in the face. Both attractions in their day were top class. I know it's not always good to look back, and we should go forward, but boy oh boy... they have stepped down in their scale.

As I've said, if it's pulled off I will be thrilled. If not, then Merlin Magic Making should hang their heads in shame.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion