Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Although it has been neglected, I think as an actual ride the vampire is the best rollercoaster in the world and is amazeballs and the best ❤❤❤❤❤ regardless of its age. How it's looked after is a different story, even though it still looks excellent

Necessary edits made.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

On 4/24/2016 at 8:51 PM, Archive said:

Chessington have no TLC programme, they have no system or budget or will to make anything truly better and correctly, professionally restored. Merlin want the park for their style of branding and their idea of entertainment - trends, hotels and cuteness. The old flamboyant, dramatic Chessington classics do not fit with Merlin's values, and as such it would take a lot to even convince someone with power at Chessington why half the park is an utter shambles compared to its old self.

This.

Its upsetting, but for people who actually care about the park, and have fond memories of it for the real reasons, you better give up hope soon. I'm sorry. Its sad. Really sad. But its going the same way as Legoland, only worse. You wait. Soon fundamental parts of the park you never though would leave will be ripped appart and replaced by Heartlake City style garbage that's "cool" or "trendy" or "popular with children". Nobody will use their brain or think of their own idea. Nobody will use drama or real showmanship. Nobody will create something that's truly entertaining. Everybody will just use external IPs to destroy the memories of your childhood, and annihilate what little magic was left. Its not intentional, but just you wait. A big shock is coming, not a good one. Say goodbye before it hurts you most.

Farewell Chesssington. :* Goodbye

I see more accomodation plans in that - rolls eyes

although, it also says about re-investing into present rides and adding new attractions/a coaster so I guess it's not all bad

The Masterplan (Site 7) has provisionally identified a suitable site for a medium sized family coaster ride. This could be an animalthemed ‘wild jungle ride’ or ‘water coaster’ targeted at families, in particular the 5 to 12 years core age group

:o

If you read into the plans it suggests they may finally do up 'Africa' (Concrete land with the ponds) and give it a jungle theme. That would see the removal/refurb of trucks, carousel, hoppers and toadies and see them replaced with the Juvelen concept coaster and potentially other attractions. That would be an immense step up.

5 minutes ago, Mysterio Ka said:

If you read into the plans it suggests they may finally do up 'Africa' (Concrete land with the ponds) and give it a jungle theme. That would see the removal/refurb of trucks, carousel, hoppers and toadies and see them replaced with the Juvelen concept coaster and potentially other attractions. That would be an immense step up.

The Juvelin/Dutchman coaster is believed to be going on that grass patch near the Explorer entrance, with Toadies [and maybe Peeking's] site used as an alternate/fall back or in the off chance both rides can happen.

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Everybody will just use external IPs to destroy the memories of your childhood, and annihilate what little magic was left. Its not intentional, but just you wait. A big shock is coming, not a good one. Say goodbye before it hurts you most.

Farewell Chesssington. :* Goodbye

I fear something terrible is going to happen. Perhaps the biggest shock since a certain death of a major character in Star Wars. And just like Star Wars, 1000 screams in pain.

Has anyone else been receiving this email every day for the past few days?

I received it once or twice a couple of weeks ago, but they've sent it to me every day for almost a week.  Just feels like spam now.  Just wondering if I've just been unlucky / signed up to multiple different things via Merlin or if they've been having difficulties with their email or something?

Chesswat.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, planenut said:

You said "we" lost the phone, who was carrying it? have you not been able to get help from the park?

I always say we, I had it alot of the day for filming but not sure If I had it when it got lost. We did get help but no luck. 

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion