Closed Rides

Ash

Ouch! Total loss of water supply?? Surprised they were allowed to open!

Bad news about Samurai and Slammer... Hopefully they'll cut capacity accordingly for fright nights etc! Or bring in something temporarily?

Just got back home. Left the back at 4 as I was dying to use the loo! The water supply must of burst around 3 o'clock so thats why they were open!

It looked like absolutely nothing was being done to Stealth all day, and definitely nothing was done to Samurai or Slammer. Colossus broke down for a little while, as did Tidal Wave (as it always does!).

Thorpe Park really do need to sort out this 1 train in operation. 40min queues for Colossus and Swarm and there's absolutely no need for it.

I went to Chessington in the morning which was empty, walk on all the rides (well of the selection of rides they had open as many were closed).

Went to Thorpe, straight on to Vortex, no queue, great, 10 mins for Rush, straight on to loggers brilliant.

Colossus out of action, 40 mins for Saw, 40 mins for The Swarm (wasn't going to wait), no Stealth, no toilets. When Colossus opened on one train and the train with the 4 busted seats at the back killed any joy so left just after 1 hour.

So I take it Stealth is unlikely to re-open any time this week?

1 train operation on Colossus and Swarm really is unacceptable when 3 of the park's other thrill rides are closed. I've always leapt to Thorpe's defence, as I feel they receive a lot of unfair criticism, but there is no excuse for such poor operational standards.

I'm planning on visiting on Wednesday with a friend, had it booked off from work for quite a while, but with the weather looking drab, I'm going to need some positive news about how the park is running tomorrow (tuesday), or I may just laugh it off and save my money.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ran Saw on 1 train though, haha.

The queue line would be horrendous. It would go up to Saw alive. Anyway, since Samurai has been taken down fully, could there be a possiblity it could be considered for relocation since it has a portable foundation. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

They wouldn't gain space as what they gain next to Saw they'd lose in its new position. Moving rides is never the best thing to do (even if it is a fairground ride). They are all delicate pieces of technology that don't want to be loaded up, moved and possibly damaged. The ride is already quite unreliable, moving it won't help this.

When Colossus opened on one train and the train with the 4 busted seats at the back killed any joy so left just after 1 hour.

Annoying thing is there has seemingly been a train with seats broken for weeks now. How long does it take to fix seats, seriously - time to invest in a stockpile of commonly used parts Thorpe! I.e. restraints etc...

Reminds me of the Detonator situation a few years ago when only 6 or so seats were open for practically the whole year...

The thing with the mazes is they can have electrical faults, which could cause closures even if they're minor. If a prop or piece of scenery breaks or falls, it has to be sorted so it is safe. If an actor gets hurt, everything can have to stop for a while. If someone has a panic attack or gets an injury, it holds everything up. Etc. Etc.