Closed Rides

Ash

^ Yeah two days / the 15 years it's been open... That's the same.

If you hate Thorpe Park so much, why don't you move to another forum which isn't a specific fan site? That way you can be miserable about everything and not have us disagreeing with (most) things you post.

Not trying to be rude, I just don't understand tbh.

^ Yeah two days / the 15 years it's been open... That's the same.

If you hate Thorpe Park so much, why don't you move to another forum which isn't a specific fan site? That way you can be miserable about everything and not have us disagreeing with (most) things you post.

Not trying to be rude, I just don't understand tbh.

I think it's okay to be part of a fansite like this and not be the parks biggest fan. As long as the criticism is constructive and not just a constant barrage of attacks on the park with no substanancial discussion.

Lots of fan sites have people that don't like the parks. It's mostly for enthusiasts of theme parks, not of specific parks.

Thorpe is a park that I personally struggle to enjoy. Other than The Swarm and Stealth, all the attractions leave me with a 'meh' feeling. Nothing stands out, nothing special, and they're all (other than Saw and the rides mentioned above) in pretty poor condition.

Being very local to the park, you'd expect me to visit often, but I rarely go more than once a year. And when I do go, I'm only there for The Swarm, Stealth, Slammer (if it's open) and Loggers. The rest does nothing for me. All the park does is fill me with anger. I.e. Storm Surge, one train operation, Angry Birds Land etc...

I love thrill rides just as much as I love well themed, immersive environments. But I'd pick Scorpion Express over Inferno any day. That ought to put it into perspective. :)

Don't get my wrong, I don't think Thorpe Park is the best place in the world, but I do really like visiting, which is why I joined this site.

What I don't understand is why you would join a Thorpe Park site, only to post things like

"I can't wait to see the park fail"

Or "I'll just sit back and watch the complaints roll in"

LC you obviously hate the park and don't want them to succeed, which is why I'm confused as to why you get angry when people here disagree with you. Yes, quite a few of the park's services do need their kinks ironed out I agree, but quite frankly you're just miserable.

I used to like Thorpe and thus joined the forum. However after years of park failings it gets tiring. If they were different problems year on year that would be fine but they are not. Its the same problems year after year after year. Not only that but the problems are ones with simple solutions and Thorpe always try odd ways to fix them. Also I much prefer speculation topics, its the reason I still use the forum. 

On another note you cant have a debate if you all agree, you need someone with an opposing view. 

On another note you cant have a debate if you all agree, you need someone with an opposing view.

I completely agree, although to stand a chance in a debate your posts need to be reasonable and go further than "I hate this" or "I hate that"...

Saying that, your post above does actually explain a bit on why you don't like it, which was a pleasant change! :P

Anyway, little rant from me over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see exactly where the view comes from, I've spent 25 years of my life visiting the park but just don't enjoy the visits like I did even 4-5 years ago at the moment.

Its alright saying it has the best this and that, but the facts are Colossus is in need of some attention, Saw is just a headache for many with the jolt which was never sorted. In addition the best selection of flat rides include "always closed" Samurai, still yet to prove reliability Slammer, juddering Vortex and short ride out of sync Rush.

I'm not against the park at all, Stealth and Swarm are great rides as to Detonator and the new cinema. But you throw in one train operation, generally rude staff and the state of the place (Swarm station already) I fully understand why people start to waver. Add again to the fact the park is completely lost on who it appeals to and has just dumped rides for the sake of having rides doesn't help.

Oblivion's shop and Alton's street are no worse than being sold fast track, Drinks bottles and photo passes on Thorpe's bridge, both of which I fully accept and for many average customers I imagine find very useful.

I won't stop visiting or supporting the park, Chessington has had some shocking years yet doesn't mean it won't change as has. They have a lot of work to do and the comments on social media do show that its not just enthusiasts who see it rather than watch the complaints come in, and as we are in the closed rides topic, I'll just add its 3 years running Stealth and Samurai have been closed on my Fright Nights visit.

I used to like Thorpe and thus joined the forum. However after years of park failings it gets tiring. If they were different problems year on year that would be fine but they are not. Its the same problems year after year after year. Not only that but the problems are ones with simple solutions and Thorpe always try odd ways to fix them. Also I much prefer speculation topics, its the reason I still use the forum. 

Can I see you try and Fix Slammer, Infernos Floor lowering, Stealth's launch cable, along with Saw Stalling so erm please just grow up and consider it is hard to run a theme park.

Can I see you try and Fix Slammer, Infernos Floor lowering, Stealth's launch cable, along with Saw Stalling so erm please just grow up and consider it is hard to run a theme park.

Sorry what? When did I mention the problems I have with Thorpe are mechanical problems? I know things are hard to fix, I'm studying civil engineering so I think I have a pretty good idea, maybe not as good as a mechanical engineering but I still have a pretty good idea on how hard some of these things are to fix. My problems with Thorpe lie with the operation side of things. The one train starts, the over selling fastrack and the shambles they call guest services. I know they they are hard things to get right however lots of other parks manage it just fine and Thorpe used to manage it just fine. So they do have fixes which Thorpe, for whatever reason, have decided not to implement. 

It's not Project LC's job to run a theme park though! The park management should be able to cope with general maintenance to keep the rides running.

^ Maintenance is expensive though, even for large companies!

I know the place has faults (like every theme park), but it isn't the train wreck LC is making it out to be! I think the park is great, they just need to have a scare in visitor numbers before they realise guest satisfaction does need improving in some areas! 

Doesn't make the place a "shambles" by any means.

Only guest services and the never ending priority passes is the part I was calling shambels. The rest is just below my expectations. Especially for a park trying to reduce queues and then it goes and starts the busiest ride in the morning on 1 train. That is the sort of thing that annoys me most. The park does have good rides but is let down with the operations which can be improved. March/ April the park is far better and really enjoyable as they can cope with that level of guests however much beyond that and the park starts its annual trip down the same slippery slope.

I'm sorry the park earns millions and spends millions advertising rides, I don't care how much the maintenance bill is the rides should be open more often than not (I know a few are very good but there is too much downtime) Half the dodgems cars were broken last week less than 6 months into operation, why on earth would it be LC's job to fix them? We get a reduction for them being closed with extended queue times?

No we don't, we could go to guest services and end up with passes which is where the problem starts.

I've taken my family there this year on the back on the new area and advertising but I wished I hadn't with so much swearing, shouting and queue jumping going on when you inform the staff nothing is done. As I've said I've enjoyed many years at the park and will continue to visit but this season has been a shambles. If guest satisfaction needs improving in "areas" it should be obvious something is wrong.

Especially for a park trying to reduce queues and then it goes and starts the busiest ride in the morning on 1 train. That is the sort of thing that annoys me most.

Do you honestly think Thorpe want to have Swarm open on one train in the morning (especially over Fright Nights which it has been doing)? I know it may come across this way but it really isn't! Maybe there is something wrong with the second train in the morning meaning it is taking longer to service. And for all those times it opens on one train, other times it opens on two! Multiple time during the summer all the coasters opened by 9:30 on two trains so it just goes to show problems do occur! I went to Towers in August, Rita opened on one train at 10 then they added the second at 10:30. It's not just Thorpe. Would you rather they just didn't open Swarm until it was ready on two trains?

Things break down, they try and fix them. Even if you've got the most amazing engineering team in the world things still break down you can't stop that happening. If they have to wait for a part then they have to wait. Not much they can do in that situation other than unnecessarily stock spares for ever single part of every single ride. 

Also they don't open rides on one train to boost Fastrack sales. Engineering have their job, to open the rides on the specified capacity for that day (which over FN is two trains so that's what they work on). Sometimes because they're too busy getting the rides up and running they don't have time to fix the effects (management would rather an open ride than a ride open 2 hours late because they were fixing a swinging blade effect). Ride hosts don't make up queue times to boost Fastrack sales, maybe they're too busy trying to operate the ride safely and at a good throughput than to be faffing around with queue times (why they now have someone walking around with an Ipad updating queue times but they can all still change so quickly).

You are telling me that out of the last 4 times I visited it was a complete coincidence that swarm opened on 1 train and the second was added at 1pm. That to me sounds like they are being impacted by a lack of staff. I'm also assuming that it was a coincidence that 90% of my trips this year nemesis inferno started on 1 train. If parks in america which have 10-18 coasters can have full train operation on every ride everyday then why cant Thorpe. It used to be able to last year but it cant manage it this year.

Thorpe have a massive lack of engineers. However this is due to not enough applications for the position.

At the moment, the only reason slammer is closed, is because all of the engineers have are occupied with Colossus and there aren't enough to do the checks on slammer.

Thorpe do need more engineers, this is the reason due to one train openings, rides taking a long time to be fixed and late openings of rides like slammer.

You are telling me that out of the last 4 times I visited it was a complete coincidence that swarm opened on 1 train and the second was added at 1pm. That to me sounds like they are being impacted by a lack of staff. I'm also assuming that it was a coincidence that 90% of my trips this year nemesis inferno started on 1 train. If parks in america which have 10-18 coasters can have full train operation on every ride everyday then why cant Thorpe. It used to be able to last year but it cant manage it this year.

When I went to America not all the rides opened on full capacity or even were at full capacity at any point or certain days.

I agree it can be frustrating, but theres going to be more reasons to it than we can see or need to know. 

At the moment, the only reason slammer is closed, is because all of the engineers have are occupied with Colossus and there aren't enough to do the checks on slammer.

It does not take all the engineers on Park to fix Colossus. Half the engineers probably aren't even trained to fix Colossus! It takes one or two engineers to get Slammer up in the morning so Colossus being broken won't be the reason Slammer has yet to open.

And I've ridden Inferno a good 10 times this year at 9:15 with it on two trains. So yes it is just coincidence that on 90% of your visits LC that Inferno has opened on one train. I've seen Colossus open on one train or late more times this year than I have on Inferno. So every visit is different for you Inferno seems the bad one for me Colossus is the one that is hardly open on 2 trains. It always changes.

*coughs* here's my 2 pence.

1. I am getting kinda sick of your continuous moaning LC. This is a 'fan' site, not 'trash talk and tell them how to do everything because they are bollocks' site.

2. I have visited thorpe 7 times this year, and not once have I seen any coaster par Colossus on one train. Maybe this is a good coincidence, and maybe you're just extremely unlucky. Maybe you're making things up.

3. I've visited on a sunday twice this year, and nemesis inferno is normally my second or third ride. It's always been on two trains, only time I've seen it on one was 3 years ago. I've been on weekdays a few times this year too due to school ending early for me, and everything has had 2 train ops from public opening.

4. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If you think, that Thorpe is so bad at running itself, then you go there, you run everything all by yourself for a day. No staff on the rides, and see how well you do. Alot of the time it's not the workers fault, and alot of the time there is very little the workers can do about sorting problems out. Maybe they could've been a bit organized before, sure, but at the same time things happen. It's like if you work in an office and all your computers crash. You could've backed things up more but at the end of the day it happened, and you got to move on. 

Finally;

A5HqUzm.png