Closed Rides

Ash

...Meanwhile BPB have 9 out of 10 coasters open (PMBO was closed due to wind for half the day but not their fault) and all operating on full capacity with most queues less than 30 mins (yet park was fairly busy).

Well, there were a few breakdowns but rides were back open again within 20 mins.

It's funny that a park that makes a loss can still beat the "might" of Merlin - I know where I'd rather be!

On that day Pleasure beach had around 6k guests. So 10k less than thorpe.

There's a reason it makes a loss.. it's cos they dont get any guests.

Compared to the numbers Thorpe have been dealing with recently it is pretty dire.

I don't believe that there were only 6k guests on park, it certainly felt like more and I will ask at the ticket office tomorrow.

It's alright for people to sit behind a computer and make up figures, but I'm actually there!

I myself didn't say there were 6,000 on park, and how can you be sure it wasn't that number as it didn't 'feel' like it?

I also think that one would find it easier to get a more secure figure via the internet than through some observational guess work...

Yes but BPB don't publish their daily gate figures online, whereas queues and crowds on park suggested much more than 6000.

I was also there there yesterday and the queues did seem quite dire... I would think 6K is a reasonable figure.

Yesterday I think there were probably around that but it was busier than that on the day Fred is quoting.

I would like to point out that despite having no queues for the last five hours, all coasters stayed on their full capacity (apart from the National which was on two trains, and PMBO went down to one at 7pm due to wind). Take note Thorpe!

Thorpes only good aspect is the rides. I can think of very little else I like about it apart from summer nights. Alton actually has atmosphere and shows it slightly cares about you rather than thorpes I want all your money.

There's literally no point in you visiting whatsoever. Life is too short to go somewhere you don't like and then spending time on the internet moaning about it. Never has the phrase get a life seemed more appropriate and I mean that in the nicest possible way,

Thorpes only good aspect is the rides. I can think of very little else I like about it apart from summer nights. Alton actually has atmosphere and shows it slightly cares about you rather than thorpes I want all your money.

Whilst the park has flaws (like most things) and many seem to moan and complain about Thorpe, there's lots of good aspects about the place.

1/ Two decent B&M's which seem to be only getting better through age

2/ Two good intamins, one which is only second in height to the big one and the other the one that put the place on the map.

3/ One of the best themeparks for special events, Summer Nights, MOS, Fright Nights (one of the best U.K. Halloween events) including the fantastic face it alone and potentially Easter special events on the increase.

4/ the best collection of flat rides in uk parks.

5/ the best uk indoor coaster (thhohgh thats not saying a,lot)

6/ one of the biggest water rides in the country

7/ an immersive 4D cinema

With a park overhaul, loggers & Rumba TLC, I'm sure there would be even more good points for the park.

Wait, isn't this a Thorpe Park Fansite?

Doesn't mean I cant have a negative opinion about them. I like the rides and once did like the park, however I was pointed in the direction of overseas and Thorpe dropped a lot in my rankings.

Also oblivion has a gate at the side of the shop which in the last 2 days, at least, has been open.