Six Flags Magic Mountain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trains I understand and the theme is cool but the track colours are just odd and dont fit the theme at all. Also the fact that such a cool theme idea wont be done to the standard it requires is a little dissapointing. Oh air how I wish you were steam punk.

Magic Mountain is hardly renowned for its theming quality. Whatever they do with twisted Colossus, it will be window dressing more then a coherent storyline. Expect the ride to do the talking and not a vibe.

I am aware of this. It would be nice if they did spend a bit more on themeing from time to time. Especially if that theme is steam punk. I would prefer all out themeing or none and I feel this would suit none better than what it is going to get. The lack of effort ruins the ride somewhat, when they should have just spent the money on making it generic like cedar fair parks.

I am aware of this. It would be nice if they did spend a bit more on themeing from time to time. Especially if that theme is steam punk. I would prefer all out themeing or none and I feel this would suit none better than what it is going to get. The lack of effort ruins the ride somewhat, when they should have just spent the money on making it generic like cedar fair parks.

Lack of effort? it's an amusement park, not a theme park. Any theming Six Flags add is more effort then usual. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Six flags recognise the importance to keep their rides covered in a good coat of paint to prevent rusting. More expensive short term but will get a few more years out of the rides in the long term. Where as merlin only seem to focus on short term costs. 

I'm still not convinced on the RMC treatment but this ride does look good.