Six Flags Magic Mountain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

YOLO! (Best stop watching before the rider facing POV or you might want to fly out there and hurt these people).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BaHCyahkiAY

I think it looks pretty good but it seems to stop short, like there is a lot of wasted energy there they could have done a lot more with.

Got to wonder if the train can balance itself upside down in the top of that vertical loop, in the same way Stealth has perched itself on the top hat before, with the shallowness of the angle and slowness of the train at the top you wouldn't need much of an underpowered launch to make it happen.

The ride seems a bit lack lustre, the second half after the backwards launch is very short and underwhelming in my opinion. I like the look of the track though. Also never realised how worn Tatsu looks, because the colours faded the colours don't look nice together imo

What you get when you build rides in the EXTREMELY hot Californian sun...

I feel the exact same way EC. There is just so much potential to be had with the speed after the top hat but this wasn't used.

I talked a few minutes with Tim (director of operations) who told me a few interesting tidbits about the ride:

1) The idea was to create a ride that appeals to all ages, not just hardcore riders.

2) This was the toughest ride they've ever built in terms of the land prep.

3) The ride was green lighted after the decision to move Deja Vu and was initially slated for that area until cutbacks made it impossible to continue to operate the energy hogging Log Jammer.

4) The budget for Full Throttle was tight, so there was no way to make the coaster longer or more sprawling.

However, after reading this over on CoasterForce (posted by Newtrek5) I am a bit more understanding and feel that they have done the best they can with what they had/were given. Either way, I wouldn't say no to riding this even if it is just for the hang time of that massive loop and the lap bars ;)

It looks a good ride, and I'm sure it will 'do the job' at pulling in the guests. Does look a little slow over that top hat though in both directions!

That's the thing with Six Flags of late, they tend to only do the minimum necessary in order to bring the guests in and that's all that matters to them. I wouldn't really say they've always been like it because the days when they purchased multiple 3-train B&M's in all parks were different! The same happened at Discovery Kingdom with their Premier launch coaster, it only has 1 train but Premier did offer for it to have a slide-track station system, but Six Flags refused. Can't imagine the capacity is very good on Full Throttle either.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

**Unearth's topic**

Colossus has today been officially announced to be CLOSING on the 16th August this year! Thoughts?

Perhaps we will see this given the RMC treatment... Or just completely demolished...

A racing RMC could be quite interesting.

Source: Theme Park Review

Yet another classic woodie being destroyed :(

Although I haven't been to Six Flags (or even America), it saddens me that parks get rid of rides as soon as they stop pulling in crowds. That doesn't mean they aren't good rides!