The Big Bad Movie Topic

Benin

No one here seems to be speaking English any more?

Random old film mention. I saw 'Ray' the other day, biopic of Ray Charles. As brilliant as it was it turns out the Charles was a bit of an arse and really wish I didn't know that, kind of taints the thought of him overcoming such adversity to achieve what he did. Great film though. 

Just watched The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A very good follow up to the first film. I loved that there was a lot of backstory telling with the "lesser" characters of the Avengers. Particularly Black Widow (Can never complain about too much ScarJo ;) )
Although, not so sure who the new guys are, anyone who can enlighten me, would be greatly appreciated! :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Butterfly Effect .. for those who have not seen it I would highly recommend it!

For those who have (have not read this whole topic could have cropped up before) but here are alternative endings which could have been used which I have only recently seen.

Not suitable for those with faint hearts I suppose? Bit gory and disturbing at places but overall is a great film :D bit sad in places too ... 11/10 would watch again

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to watch a full-length feature film animated the same way that Angry Birds 4D is (AB4D is fine for a 10 minute thing with the special effects, but I just couldn't see it working in the full-length film).

Given that the film is actually going to personify the characters, seemingly give them voices and whatnot, it makes sense to give them a beefed up look too.  It'll be interesting to see how successful this is...

Horror fans can rejoice - the new Paranormal Activity film will be the last one!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/22/paranormal-activity-ghost-dimension-sneak-peek-first-look-exclusive/29069709/

Paranormal Activity:  The Ghost Dimension (aka PA5, but then the weird but alright spin off happened and worked its way into the story) will answer loads of questions about the series and round it off.  Personally, I've never been a fan of the series and have never been too impressed with it, but have always followed it; almost feels like a guilty pleasure of mine in a weird way.  Curiously, the people behind the franchise have said in the past they had an end game in mind, but would take a few films to reach to it, and yet they're now going to try and end it off now.  Bit worried really that it will feel rushed..  Also find it funny that the producer doesn't want to run the franchise "into the ground"; some may argue that's already been done... 

Anyway, we also have a short teaser, with another coming tomorrow apparently:

• pluk featured this topic