The Big Bad Movie Topic

Benin

That new Poltergeist film - serious question here.....was it meant to be funny? I literally laughed out loud pretty much throughout it and I am quite a wuss with those sorts of things (first time I watched Most Haunted on my own I had to sleep with all my lights on).

Anyone know when Sinister 2 is coming out? Ta!

Han30 I do know what you mean in places but no not meant to be a Comedy. This weeks new film minions has been crazy so if you do decide to embark seeing it avoid peak family times. Also sinister 2 is set for middle of August 21st I think

with so much out over the next month and looking good is terminator genesis , mission Impossible rouge nation , inside out, amy , ant man and ted 2.

That new Poltergeist film - serious question here.....was it meant to be funny? I literally laughed out loud pretty much throughout it and I am quite a wuss with those sorts of things (first time I watched Most Haunted on my own I had to sleep with all my lights on).

Anyone know when Sinister 2 is coming out? Ta!

The majority of new 'horror' films seem funny!

True that - the original poltergeist did scare me although to be fair I was a lot younger!

Bit gross here but meh - I've seen the first 2 human centipede films (out of morbid curiosity - first one made me feel so ill I couldn't eat or drink anything for a while as I was so close to blowing chunks!). Saw the final sequence (film 3) the other night and blimey - it wasn't so much grim but the acting was horrific! I'm guessing it was very low budget and the actors probably didn't get paid a heck of a lot. Yeah I don't know why I just admitted to seeing all human centipede films - I'm not the full ticket to be fair! Not the sort of film you can watch whilst eating (in fact they are great appetite suppressants!)

Loving the Minions film - I've always thought they look like Tic Tacks and discovered last week you can buy minion tic tacks - and I'm waffling...,,

• 3 weeks later...

If you like films and more importantly, if you like animated films. Go and watch inside Out. And if you've already seen it, please tell me you are seeing it again.

The best film of the year, easily.

(Oh, and Antman, pretty damn fun too)

God I hate Disney, most expensive hobby ever.

I'd say there's been a lack of hype for Inside Out considering how much better than anything else it is! A little lost under the whirlwind of hype for the distinctly average Minions movie.

Trying to persuade the wife it's a film that needs seeing twice...

I too enjoyed Inside Out, though I wouldn't say it's the best Pixar have ever done... Especially when there was a plot hole so massive it could've just cancelled the entire problem being dealt with:

So you can send memories back up to HQ (Triple Dent Gum scene), WHY DID THEY NOT AT LEAST TRY TO DO THIS WITH THE CORE MEMORIES?! It wasn't even considered as an idea! #pedantic

There were also a few ideas/concepts in the film that for me weren't explored enough, the scene involving the parent's emotions as seen in the trailer was such a neat idea, but was only ever done for one real scene in the film (and then again towards the end as a hilarious quick shot)... There were a few other concepts as well that perhaps could've done with more exploration as well to develop Riley as a character/individual...

The best part in the film were the scenes along with the credits... Like, they need to do the next short of just that stuff and I'd let them take all of my money...

I too enjoyed Inside Out, though I wouldn't say it's the best Pixar have ever done... Especially when there was a plot hole so massive it could've just cancelled the entire problem being dealt with:

Herein lies the problem. Pixar are too good. I tried to put a top list together and there's just too much quality in that company. I watched Inside Out again last night and I just love every minute of it. Tears and laughs in sublime story making. 

Inside Out was really fun, typical Disney/Pixar at their best.

Also watched The Human Centipede 3 the other day, best film of the series in terms of the grotesque nature of it. A lot of the acting/script is rubbish though, but hey it's all a bit of fun and a nice way to finish off the trilogy.

Third film I've watched recently is Tusk, which probably wins award for weirdest film I've ever seen. Short summary: man meets old man, old man wants to turn man into a walrus. Go watch it if you like weird horror.

• 3 weeks later...

Lost a true horror legend today. Mr Wes Craven. I am absolutely devastated, he created some of the most influential films and gave thousands nightmares. There was talk of him doing one more film with the original Freddy but due to his loss I now hope they drop this idea and let the original nightmare on elm street franchise live on in its true 80's form.

I'll never forget the first time I saw the opening to Scream...

It's that time again, sitting waiting to see what screen unseen will be...

It was Me Earl and the Dying Girl.

Was alright; pleasingly odd and quite amusing, but didn't quite hit the emotional spots it was aiming for considering the subject matter, and ends on a bit of whimper. 7/10

Inside Out was really fun, typical Disney/Pixar at their best.

Also watched The Human Centipede 3 the other day, best film of the series in terms of the grotesque nature of it. A lot of the acting/script is rubbish though, but hey it's all a bit of fun and a nice way to finish off the trilogy.

Third film I've watched recently is Tusk, which probably wins award for weirdest film I've ever seen. Short summary: man meets old man, old man wants to turn man into a walrus. Go watch it if you like weird horror.

I saw the third Human Centipede and thought the acting was so dire it was funny!  Weirdly I find the first one to be the worse (I was so close to boffing whilst watching it) even though the second 2 are actually more gory.  Added bonus to 3rd one - human caterpillar :ph34r:

Went to see Sinister 2 the other week - nearly pooped myself - that thing just creeps me out - I swear if anyone is dressed as it on Fright Nights I will hide in the toilets and never come out :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • pluk featured this topic