THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Also if a mod is reading this, why do a vast amount of my posts keep disappearing? I would atleast like to know why?!?

Just dropping in to say that if your posts "disappear", you might've forgotten where you originally posted them and/or have posted irrelevant information/offensive remarks that did not contribute to the topic at hand and/or broke the terms and conditions of the forum. I only know of one of your posts that has been deleted due to it being irrelevant to The Swarm discussion and because it contained offensive language. If you'd like further information as Benin said, please PM one of the Moderators, and please keep the forums on-topic in the future. :blink:

^No track has appeared onsite yet... If any had, I'm sure several fanboys would have already taken pics and posted them EVERYWHERE so everyone else can join into the mass joy-a-thon over the fact that track has appeared...

Plenty of track is onsite :blink: Its under canopy's at the moment

Hell, I'm basing that info off the fact that:1) Other people who are just as in the know as Marc said no track is in sight atm...2) There are no photos...So you know, nice that track's hiding away from us all, isn't that great? If only someone had posted that info as soon as they knew it eh? :blink:

Do you work there, or just spend alot of time at thorpe? :L

I just had to LOL at this... I neither work there nor spend any time at the park... I just read lots of forums and pass on info I get from others... Often one forum misses out but another finds out sommat... How else do I get the multitude of other park news?And I would rather have no job than work at Thorpe... Simple as...

I just had to LOL at this... I neither work there nor spend any time at the park... I just read lots of forums and pass on info I get from others... Often one forum misses out but another finds out sommat... How else do I get the multitude of other park news?And I would rather have no job than work at Thorpe... Simple as...

I see, I take it you do go to the park at somepoint? I really need to read other sources, I didn't know there was track onsite :blink:

Odd that some pieces of track (however few) have already arrived with no sign of the support footers being poured, although there are a number of pre-poured concrete cylinders already on-site. Go Merlin say there's large cement mixers on-site which is a good sign though, and Coaster Force confirm that the station foundation have been poured and can be seen from Amity Speedway and Tidal Wave (may need some corroboration with this).

I wonder if the uniformed men in that photograph are real soldiers or more actors? Soldiers would mean that the tank if definitely temporary as it appears to be under frequent observation from those who know how to use it. Actors would be ideal because it means Thorpe are already paying the finer attention to detail; a promising sign for further developments.

I wonder if the uniformed men in that photograph are real soldiers or more actors? Soldiers would mean that the tank if definitely temporary as it appears to be under frequent observation from those who know how to use it. Actors would be ideal because it means Thorpe are already paying the finer attention to detail; a promising sign for further developments.

Can you really see there being real soldiers at Thorpe? I suppose the tank is a disused and Merlin studios has acquired it to use as promotion for the ride, who knows it might become a feature of swarm once completed.Would it not be cheaper to use actors rather than soldiers? lol Even in this promotion?Edit, what is the black figure in the picture?

Can you really see there being real soldiers at Thorpe? I suppose the tank is a disused and Merlin studios has acquired it to use as promotion for the ride, who knows it might become a feature of swarm once completed.

If in the very likely event that Thorpe's mystery tank is on loan or isn't decommissioned, yes, I can see soldiers making an appearance at Thorpe in order to make sure there are experienced operatives who use tanks such as the one at Thorpe because let's be honest, the military wouldn't just lend Thorpe a tank for a few months and not want to look after it in the prossess - it is a very dangerous and expensive piece of equipment after all.

If in the very likely event that Thorpe's mystery tank is on loan or isn't decommissioned, yes, I can see soldiers making an appearance at Thorpe in order to make sure there are experienced operatives who use tanks such as the one at Thorpe because let's be honest, the military wouldn't just lend Thorpe a tank for a few months and not want to look after it in the prossess - it is a very dangerous and expensive piece of equipment after all.

I suppose I overlooked the operation of the equitment, Yoi could be right. Is there proof of this being a real tank?(I have no idea)

Okay it's a real tank. I am amazed the the extent of promotion they have/are doing. But they obviously are because "The nations thrill captital" has got the UKs first winged coaster. The ads are going to be immense! Publicty is going to be huge! Who know there might even be an event. I can't see the ride construction until fright nights, do we know when the ride is opening? Will it be open for the beginning of the season?

Edited by Sidders
Corrected spelling errors

Would hope so, otherwise what'd be the point? Even Saw opened (for 5 minutes) on opening...

Yeah , "What would be the point" I guess.

Check out my Swarm minisite! Thanks! :-)CLICK HERE

Not bad for front page ;) Although without being critical and not to put you down, it doesn't tell us anything that another mini site doesn't.Edit: The pictures are pretty awsome

One thing that confuses me about the tank...There are some track marks behind the tank, which look realistic as if it has moved on the grass, but only for a short while. How would that work if the tank is real? I just don't get it... Posted ImageHere's a pic of my showing where the track marks start:Posted Image

One thing that confuses me about the tank...There are some track marks behind the tank, which look realistic as if it has moved on the grass, but only for a short while. How would that work if the tank is real? I just don't get it... Posted ImageHere's a pic of my showing where the track marks start:Posted Image

It would have arrived on a flatbed truck, then driven off, hence the small track marks. There are probably truck tyre marks in the grass if you look closelyWhen were you at the park? I'm hoping to go soon :'(