THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Looks good...Really have to tip the hat to Thorpe with the marketing for this... Considering this is a completely new thing for them to do, they're really putting it all into it...Criticising the position of the sign though... Is quite pedantic... Putting it in full view of the entrance and exit bridge is a stroke of damn marketing genius... Because it will be the first and last thing people see at the park, and should stick in the mind quite well...Better than just having posters/models/nothing at all now isn't it?

Gonna throw this out, but does any one else think the marketing for this is on a much larger scale than that of SAW - The Rides?

I think its the largest scale marketing campaign in this country since Oblivion. And that is really saying something. Thorpe haven't missed a beat with the way Swarm has been promoted thus far. Fake turrets and sign positioning excluded, Thorpe cannot be faulted for what they are doing. It's a far cry from the simple banners that Inferno and Stealth got.

The wooden box in the picture isnt the station.. thats the maintenance shed, the station wooden border ( in which is a csat for the foundations) has now been constructed.and the scale of the station has really surfaced that its going to be huge. the rectangular concrete block in front of the grey bit is the footers for the station supports & track. the station comes out just past the roudn footer at the front.

Can't blame you for not wanting to read all the previous posts to be honest lol. From my understanding this is mainly promotional as the entrance to The Swarm will be on the island behind Stealth so it's just to get the hype up ya know. I think it will stay as it is for Fright Nights and the new maze will be on the other side of Neptune's Beach next to The Curse.

Nice pointless post you have there. Thank you for making it clear that it's a fence

Well Jonny392 did ask if it was the entrance to the ride, and as he is a new member of the forums that is a perfectly applicable question to ask. Archive's answer was short but it did answer the original question asked by Jonny392 so to be honest it neither of the posts were pointless in my opinion...

Current members are reminded to be welcoming and encouraging to new members.Jonny392, JackR is correct - the barriers are merely promotional fences that temporarily block off the Sunken Gardens area behind Stealth. The main entrance (bridge) to The Swarm's island is currently being constructed and will extend from behind The Flying Fish to Island C. In later years though, Thorpe plan to create a second bridge that will connected the Stealth area to Island A, the proposed location of the unknown 2015 coaster, with a third bridge connecting both Island C and Island A.So by 2015, visitors will be able to walk through both The Swarm's area and onto the 2015 coaster area via the bridge currently under construction behind The Flying Fish and a bridge connecting the two land masses, and then back onto the Thorpe mainland via another bridge leading to the Stealth area.

I do like the [pointless post] tag, we have some joker mods

No, I did that myself. Of course it was meant to be pointless, that was the point. [/paradox] :PAnyway, I personally like the change in direction of Thorpe Park's marketing, away from wild claims and a few posters. And this time, it seems like the ride is really going to live up to its expectations. Next year will be awesome for everybody.And by 2015, with all the islands connecting fluently, the park would have gained much more room to breathe. Expansion is exactly what Thorpe Park needs, I think, and it has the unique factor of being able to create new land pretty much from scratch (for a few more years anyway). There is a lot of creative freedom, so I am interested to see what they do with it.

The MTDP states Island A is one potential location for a 2015 coaster, the other being Island E (where the tank advertising currently is). Therefore, it could actually be 2018 (or whenever the second coaster after this will happen) that that island link could be used..Though, I'd say it more likely for Island A for 2015, due to the simple reason that it would flow better.But yeah, will be interesting to see how the island copes with the situation of being a dead end for a couple of years.

N.B. Archive isn't new people, he's been here before :D

N.B. I was referring to Jonny392.

The MTDP states Island A is one potential location for a 2015 coaster, the other being Island E (where the tank advertising currently is). Therefore, it could actually be 2018 (or whenever the second coaster after this will happen) that that island link could be used..Though, I'd say it more likely for Island A for 2015, due to the simple reason that it would flow better.

Not to mention infilling for Island A started in 2008, so the land will be readily available without having to do much extra groundwork than if they opted for Island E.

Well if it doesn't go vertical this week or next I'd be seriously surprised... Given we've been staring at it all summer I'd pretty much forgotten that it's now September and we still have nothing. Saw started to go up ages before this... Hell, the track was done or there abouts by FN.