THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I'm trying my best to not look in depth at these photos, but failing...I'll echo what everyone else has said: brilliant! This is certainly one experience that many members of the public will not forget.If I was to pick up on a criticism, it would be that (for me), this is way too much for closed season updates. I'm all for updates, but personally - especially for Swarm in particular - I'd have preferred the 'secretive', wait till opening day stance, and for them to not show anything. I doubt that's the majority opinion, so Thorpe are doing the right thing with this, but just my personal taste I guess.

Okay someone pointed out in a photo the possibility of pipes in the ground, If I'm in on the same wavelength of where your are looking I'd hate to break it to you but its a pile of disembled scaffolding which can be found up close here: Posted ImageHowever, does anybody not think that the engines being gutted is somewhat trivial? They have bought the plane and yet they are gutting them? Maybe there is the possibility of small gas tanks inside the engines themselves, if in the hopeful case the fire effect will be upon the many wonders of the ride.I have gone through the images as shown above and have come to my own conclusion what ever was found out Alton Towers will arrive at the park and be used. My reason for this being, the plane would of remained at the yard where it was bought taken down to everything they wanted in this case being the planes right hand wing & two engines part of the right hand side fuselang and the tail end of the plane, once they have what they wanted transport it to Alton towers where they can keep it safe, theme it, etc etc where the bits that where left unwanted would remain and be recycled at the plane graveyard.So in repsonce to the wheels being used, I'm sure we can count on them being used, not only are they themed with the similar 'burnt' effect but why would the company waste money transporting it to Alton Towers if they would just throw it away. We can see the 'burnt' effect below (on the white metal) :Posted Image

Saw was great, and still is, might not have cost a huge amount but everybody I know loves it. Sure it doesn't compete with SWARM's size, cost and theming, but Saw gained Thorpe lot's of publicity, so therefor was a success. - and still is really, huge ques and used majorly with Fright Nights.P.S, I have no SWARM response's :wub:

Saw was great, and still is, might not have cost a huge amount but everybody I know loves it. Sure it doesn't compete with SWARM's size, cost and theming, but Saw gained Thorpe lot's of publicity, so therefor was a success. - and still is really, huge ques and used majorly with Fright Nights.P.S, I have no SWARM response's :(

Thats funny because everyone I know hates Saw. :wub: