THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

The post was:

A little bit of news...Whilst waiting to watch the abysmal film that is 'The Woman In Black' the normal 'Pearl & Dean' advert started playing. This then wavers and statics and morphs into a THE SWARM advert.It has many shots of the train hurtling around the track with the fire-like filter on top. Many post-editing screams added on to.I hope this isn't the final advert as compared to everything the park has given us so far this was naff.But still, nice to see 'WAR IS COMING' on the big screen.

All credit goes to 'Chaz'

I was just watching a few on ride videos, and the track looks in reaching distance of the longer armed passengers. Although I find this hard to believe as I can imagine the amount of testing that has gone into this. Thought I'd post it anyway ;)Posted ImageEDIT: Still trying to work out whether the restraints let you fully extend your arm.

It would be a bit dumb if B&M had such a flaw...The answer is of course, no, the angle in the photo is the issue here, making it seem like less material than the actually is... Let's not be so silly as to think that people would be able to touch the track whilst on the ride, any good design team will have sorted that first and foremost...

Do people think that fastrack for Swarm will be available on opening day? I only have a two hour window when I can ride it you see, so fastrack might be needed if the queue is approaching the ridiculous I.e. 3 hours....

It won't get even a 2 hour queue on opening day. I say that because as long as it opens on time and has both trains going, I'd say a maximum of an hour wait.. if that.

It won't get even a 2 hour queue on opening day. I say that because as long as it opens on time and has both trains going, I'd say a maximum of an hour wait.. if that.

Good good. ;) I did think that a queue over 2 hours on opening day might be just be a tad too long. Let's just hope there will be no major technical glitches on the day, but the fact that it's B&M gives me a great deal of confidence.

If the opening day for Saw is anything to go by I am almost certain the queue will go beyond 2 hours, I remember befor Saw's opening day everyone on these fourms said the line should not be any longer then an hour yet it went up to about 3 hours or something ridiculous and that was befor it started to break down and close. If you want my advice id say get there early as I am almost certain you will have to wait at least two hours to get a ride on opening day.