THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Celebrities shouldn't be given exit passes. It's an absolute farce that they should get priority while us normal people sit idly by and watch them go round before anyone else. I don't care if they're the nation's treasures; they should exercise a little modesty and queue like everyone else. This isn't the US, where they treat their celebrities like demigods.And TPGG, that's no excuse. Why should they expect a "nice day out"? If they're the kind of celebrity who can't go to their local corner shop without a swarm of paparazzi commenting on the quality of their dress sense then why should they assume that if they were to go to a theme park, where thousands of people congregate each day, that they could have a nice peaceful day out? If Princess Diana can visit the park and insist that she and her family queue, unassisted by guards, for every ride as a normal quest would have to, then I don't see why a second-rate comedian/TV presenter should get the privilege of exit passes.

Dissapointed that the over turned lorry will be a games stall but it looks great. Is that a new restaraunt/food stand at the entrance to the island?

Why would you be disappointed? At least (if it is true) they're going to the effort of making everything fit in with the theme and not stick out. Better that than to just be a concrete slab (or another container) with some horrible flashing lights on it.

By going by the map, The Swarm shop will be called Emergency Supplies

Well-spotted, Liam. :)At least we can be happy they haven't called it something ridiculous that doesn't fit in. It's like a vigilante resource depot where the last few survivors can stock up ammunition against the apocalypse. I wonder what kind of emergency supplies there will be...? :wub:

Well-spotted, Liam. :)At least we can be happy they haven't called it something ridiculous that doesn't fit in. It's like a vigilante resource depot where the last few survivors can stock up ammunition against the apocalypse. I wonder what kind of emergency supplies there will be...? :wub:

You've got a point there Sid. Where there's an alien wreaking havoc there will be survivors armed to the teeth with the intent to kill it. So anyway, good question. What will the Emergency Supplies store hold? I imagine for one thing, shirts saying "I survived the Swarm", plus army camo, rust and concept art printed shirts as well. Maybe not toy guns, or fake ammunition, but maybe a sort of military belt to carry your personals? But certainly they must have a Lez Cougan corner, with shirts saying "I'm Lez Cougan", or "I'm with Lez Cougan (a.k.a. crazy)" Anyone else want to inject opinion?

Just been reading the last 10 pages to actually look at my first updates of the Swarm - been avoiding it tbh so I didn't get too excited but curiosuty got the better of me and damn it looks good!It's good to see they're thinking of getting the fire effects of tidal wave working again in 2013 however I don't see the water tower working straight away as I hear there's bats inside which causes a lot of problems in doing things like that.Fire, Water, Smoke the angles, the train going over the station just looks Epic in it's own right - Bring on March 20th (will hopefully be quiet skips opening day and weekend then lots of ridage time) cannot wait for it :wub: